Adding photos

grossohc

Hello

I have been reading this site for a couple of months now and really enjoy it, Its the first place i would go if anything happens to my bike and i would even feel confident changing the pawl spring myself because of all the info here. But could anyone give me an idiots guide to putting a photo on to the site, I dont want to attempt it and balls it up (what size should it be etc). Oh and edwards will win at donington. :mg:

Hi grossohc,

There's two ways to upload photos.

1) use photobucket. Create an account (free) at www.photobucket.com. Login to your account there and upload a photo onto their website (it's pretty easy and painless). Under the photo are three variations on addresses. Copy the "url" address (the top one). Now, in the window where you are composing a message, click on "img", paste in the url you just copied, and voila, you're done. Photobucket auto resizes big pictures. Here's my Eldorado. Scroll down to read part two.

IA_2005.jpg

2) Use this website. In this windo where you are composing a message, scroll down to the bottom. Notice that "choose file" button? click it. Navigate to your photo, and choose it- hit return. The photo HAS to be less than a certain size (500k? I think). Now just click on "add reply".

Also, at the bottom left of the screen, notice the info that says "global space left". You only have so much. That's why photobucket works well- it resizes. Ok, just added a picture of an album of German drinking songs. I know, it's silly, but I had to buy it (25 cents US).

Hope that helps,

Jason

Thanks jrt and 02v11

I have just got anew computer and broadband so as soon as i figure these out there should be no stopping me , oh and itried to join photobucket but gave them a wrong email address so that will have to be sorted out as well, ho hum ( i dont think i was meant for the computer age).

Cheers Gary :bier: