Considering buying a V11, need advice

Guest pspalmer

Guest pspalmer

I'm considering the purchase of a 1998 V11 EV with 25K miles. I've attached a pic of the bike, but I haven't actually seen it up close. I'm going this weekend.

The circumstances seem on the up and up: Girlfriend co-signs for boyfriend, boyfriend skips town and leaves 90lb girlfriend with a bike she can't ride and the bill for it. She just wants to have the bike gone, but doesn't know much about its mechanical history.

The seller is looking for $5K for it, which sounds reasonable, I suppose. I'm looking for some advice. Anyone have experience (good or bad) with this bike?

post-1920-1122564293_thumb.jpg

Guest Cantaloop

I bought this bike 1999 - my first guzzi. And i am still the owner. No problems.. 40000km, a lot of traveling to italy, Alpes, mediterranian sea... absolutely genious.

But try to drive a longer distance... may be, you have to change or modify the driverseat.

By the way... i will never ever sell this bike. :mg:post-1375-1122569793_thumb.jpg

I am a little bit confused, are we talking about a V11 or a California? :huh:

56996[/snapback]

Some of the calis have V11 on their side panels. I don't know if they share the engine. i know they went to hydralic (oil) tappets in 02 that didn't workand subject of recall.

The styling isn't quite my thing but those who do rate them highly(pre 02). So its some sort of sports tourer in tarts clothing :D There that will upset numerous people.

No seriously each to their own. Yes we are all individuals.

Guest hogjockey
I'm considering the purchase of a 1998 V11 EV with 25K miles.  I've attached a pic of the bike, but I haven't actually seen it up close.  I'm going this weekend.

The circumstances seem on the up and up:  Girlfriend co-signs for boyfriend, boyfriend skips town and leaves 90lb girlfriend with a bike she can't ride and the bill for it.  She just wants to have the bike gone, but doesn't know much about its mechanical history.

The seller is looking for $5K for it, which sounds reasonable, I suppose.  I'm looking for some advice.  Anyone have experience (good or bad) with this bike?

post-1920-1122564293_thumb.jpg

56940[/snapback]

Hey Ill sell ya 2000 V11S with ll the updates done and all the performance goodies with only 7000 miles for 5000.00 Look on my profile for pic.......But if you do buy any v11 that is injected i would bring to a dealer and run a diognostic check on the bike to make sure everything is up to par..... :race: