The relay issue

Steve G.

5000 kms of use has pretty well confirmed that the GEI micro-relays installed this spring has eliminated the "relay" issue on the 1999-2001 V11's. Absolutely no problems, it is now a non issue. Thanks very much to those who brought this option up on this forum. And no thanks to the dealers who had no idea how to cure it.

5000 kms of use has pretty well confirmed that the GEI micro-relays installed this spring has eliminated the "relay" issue on the 1999-2001 V11's. Absolutely no problems, it is now a non issue. Thanks very much to those who brought this option up on this forum. And no thanks to the dealers who had no idea how to cure it.

57420[/snapback]

Hi Steve,

Well, it's the penulitimate word as I couldn't find anything on the GEI micro-relay (ran a search). How much are they? Where to buy?

I haven't had any relay probs on my Scura but better be on the safe side just in case....

TIA

Søren

Guest ratchethack

What happened to Dan "the Guzzi relay man" Prunuske's (sp?) site? Can't find it?! :huh2:

BTW - Roger the long-term test of the GEI power relay. Works like a champ... :sun:

I purchased mine directly from the supplier, Greenwich Electronics in Greenwich, Rhode Island, USA. Fantastic people to deal with, and very trusting I might add. Because they are a wholesale supplier, they take no credit cards, and a minimum of 10 relays sold. They sent them off to me trusting I would pay. I made sure I covered all costs and more, considering banks in the U.S. often charge a service charge to cash checks or money orders from a non U.S. source. As they are quite close to the Canadian border, I think they felt less risk in sending them off, even though I'm 5000 miles away on the other side of the continent.. Sending relays to Europe may require pre-payment, which I would not worry about with these people, they are obviously very trustworthy. The 10 relays is not much of an issue, as they sell them for something like $2.75us each!!!!! I sent them a postal money order for $40U.S. from what I remember. Heck, my local Guzzi dealer wants $55U.S. each, for the non-performing Bosch or Seimens!!! I've put a couple on my Beemer as they use a couple of those inferior Bosch units as well. A couple extra in my tool kit just in case.

GEI part # AR4-012-C11. It's made in China, but hey, it works better than those Seimens or Bosch units. I think this is made to take on higher workload specs. Just very slightly higher than original, perhaps 3mm, with width and depth identical. I have no problems with underseat clearance on my '01 V11.

Ciao, Steve G.

Thanks guys, your efforts are highly appreciated.

Søren