SHOOT OUT - Guzzi V11 Vs. Honda RC51

Enzo

It's apples and oranges. No comparison is possible no matter how hard you try.

Richard Egan maintains that everyone needs 5 (at least I think it's 5) motorcycles; a sport bike, a cruiser, dual-sport, vintage bike and a work-in-progress (or something on that order). Point being, "Congratulations you now own two of them."

GTO = Grand Touring "Oldsmobile"?? How about GTO = Grand Tourismo Omologato with the Pontiac GTO being the "hot rod" you were probably referring to. Having been a previous '66 "goat" owner I couldn't let that one slip Enzo...

Please ride safe on the 51 and I hope you can get some track time as push the preverbial envelope... :unsure:

"...everyone needs 5 (at least I think it's 5) motorcycles; a sport bike, a cruiser, dual-sport, vintage bike and a work-in-progress (or something on that order)..."

Has me wondering if my V11S is the sport bike or work in progress...LOL :D

Yes, that's right - Pontiac. Couldn't remember so I took a stab at it. I had the right car in mind, though.

What bike is the V11? I say it's the sport/tourer. Even mine which is a 'chopped,' 'street fighter'......it's still really a sport/tourer.

GTO = Grand Touring "Oldsmobile"??  How about GTO = Grand Touring Omologato with the Pontiac GTO being the "hot rod" you were probably referring to.  Having been a previous '66 "goat" owner I couldn't let that one slip Enzo...

57745[/snapback]

GTO = Gran Tourismo Omologato

It's apples and oranges.  No comparison is possible no matter how hard you try.

Richard Egan maintains that everyone needs 5 (at least I think it's 5) motorcycles;  a sport bike, a cruiser, dual-sport, vintage bike and a work-in-progress (or something on that order).  Point being, "Congratulations you now own two of them."

57743[/snapback]

Not to be picking nits but that's Peter Egan, one of my favorite cycle magazine writers. And I definitely suscribe to the multi bike garage.

I'm all for having several bikes for different needs. My next bike to aquire is an 04 yamaha r1. After that I'll need a serious touring Goldwing type bike. Thats only three bikes though...hmmm I still need 2 more after that to make 5. Any suggestions? I say we hijack this thread lol & all post our 5 most (needed) bikes.

I added a Jackal to my stable a few years back because my old 1100 Sport Corsa was crap for touring and rallies.

I have just sold my Jackal because ever since I bought my V11 last year it has fulfilled the role of tourer as well as sporty (ish) bike.

I am now edging towards the opposite spectrum and fancy a sports bike so my next addiion will be a Buell XB12R Firebolt as soon as the prices drop over winter.

I think 2 bikes is enough for me.

Guy :helmet:

I added a Jackal to my stable a few years back because my old 1100 Sport Corsa was crap for touring and rallies.

I have just sold my Jackal because ever since I bought my V11 last year it has fulfilled the role of tourer as well as sporty (ish) bike.

I am now edging towards the opposite spectrum and fancy a sports bike so my next addiion will be a Buell XB12R Firebolt as soon as the prices drop over winter.

I think 2 bikes is enough for me.

Guy  :helmet:

57776[/snapback]

I seen an xb12r for sale for $8000 usd here in Ohio. I dont know if it was new or used though. I think you may want to speak with Nogbad about the xb12r. He's test ridden one & has an opinion of it. Its been awhile since I've heard him talk about it though.

I seen an xb12r for sale for $8000 usd here in Ohio. I dont know if it was new or used though. I think you may want to speak with Nogbad about the xb12r. He's test ridden one & has an opinion of it. Its been awhile since I've heard him talk about it though.

57780[/snapback]

I sat on one today in the HD dealer in Manchester- fitted me perfectly!

Plenty of used ones around in the UK- I will wait until winter so I can pick up a bargain.

Keeping my V11 naturally- she wil retain the position of number one wife.

Guy