copa italia

fernando

yesterday i visited a moto guzzi dealer in miami and saw the new ? is it new ? copa italia.

i liked the color schem and the way it blends into the bike.

i then tought ,why not order the tank,tail and front fender with the copa italia paint job and put it on my teni ?

do you think it would look bad /

anyhow ,i have the dealer trying to find out if he can get it for me and prices.

any feedback on this idea .

yesterday i visited a moto guzzi dealer in miami and saw the new  ? is it new ?  copa italia.

i liked the color schem and the way it blends into the bike.

i then tought ,why not order the tank,tail and front fender with the copa italia paint job and put it on my teni ?

57777[/snapback]

The Coppa green isn't going to blend well with the Tenni green.

While I agree with you on the excellent visual appeal of the Coppa, I love the Tenni's color scheme as well, so for me it would be wasted money to "Coppa-cize" a Tenni.

If you're determined to proceed, definitely *do not* order the official Guzzi parts, since you'll need to have a custom paint job to match the unusual green of the Tenni's fairing anyway. As someone else pointed out, you definitely do *not* want to paint any of the Tenni parts; if you care nothing for the Tenni's "limited production" status, then you could probably trade it straight across for a Coppa Italia (or at least, trade it + less cash than it would take you to paint it like a Coppa.)

Viva V11! Too bad Piaggio has seen fit to cancel the line...

:mg:

ag what do you mean piaggio is canceling the line ?

and ,re. color scheme ,my idea was to order the parts and just put them on my teni and when the time comes to sell the teni i would just hand over the oe parts and the new copa italia parts .

but no, i would not repaint the fairing .

as far as monetary losses due to non oe colors ,it is really insignificant when you consider that as is the bike is only worth about $7,800 now. and only 400 less if it is not a teni.

i am now looking at pictures off what the teni would look like with the copa italia fender tank and tail and how it integrates into the fairing ,etc....

have to look at it some more before i decide.

fernando

as far as monetary losses due to non oe colors ,it is really insignificant when you consider that as is the bike is only worth about $7,800 now. and only 400 less if it is not a teni.

57829[/snapback]

That's true, but a original Tenni will sell a lot easier than an IMO ugly hybrid LM.

ag  what do you mean piaggio is canceling the line ?

and ,re. color scheme ,my idea was to order the parts and just put them on my teni and when the time comes to sell the teni i would just hand over the oe parts and the new copa italia parts .

but no, i would not repaint the fairing .

i am now looking at pictures off what the teni would look like with the copa italia fender tank and tail and how it integrates into the fairing ,etc....

have to look at it some more before i decide.

fernando

57829[/snapback]

Re: "cancelling the line" - no more V11 spine frames, per various sources (Todd Haven, et al); Piaggio is standardizing on the Quotards (perimeter frame) designs, with a replacement for the Tonti-framed California's due sometime in the near future. So no more new production V11 Sport derivatives; 2006 is strictly selling off dealer stock. Expect a new cruiser to replace the California derivatives sometime in 2007. Again, this is all hearsay, but from respected sources. It makes sense from a bean-counter P.O.V., ie: get Guzzi as profitable as possible in the least amount of time so that you can sell/spin it off while keeping the Aprilia crown jewels...

Back to your project: So, you're looking at buying all the Coppa parts, including the biking fairing, & taking off all the Tenni parts, including the 3/4 fairing, & swapping on the Coppa kit? Sounds expensive & time consuming; I think I'd just try to find someone to swap bikes with...

:mg: