Road Trip FL 2 Maine

st. augustine

I checked out the travel section but was looking for what would be a good route to take from FL to Maine and back. My daughter did the Washington State to Florida thing, now wants a north to south one. I'll be riding the Scura and my daughter will be riding her Duc 750 Monster. We thought we would shoot up north fast along the interstate hiway, then sideways over to Montreal and finally taking our time returning. We will be leaving around Oct 18th and returning Nov 5th. Any info on specific hiways, what weather to expect (not sure if this is too late in the season, will we be missing the fall colours?), what gear is appropriate, safe havens for repair work, you know the Q?.

Nov 5th is pretty late to be that far north & planning a riding trip south. However between October & November is the most beautiful time of the year for scenery. You should be able to sneak out of Maine right after Halloween but dont fool around! When you get a nice warm sunny day....beat it back south to Florida. I doubt theres much Indian summer that far north. Of course this is just speculation, every year is a little different. Winter will come when its good & ready. It all depends on your tolerance for riding in the cold.

Great trip. I agree Nov. is pretty late to be riding here. Here in New Hampshire the foliage season peaks about Oct. 12, if you manage to be here (New England) around that time you can ride lots of great roads in Maine, NH, VT with great colors all around. :sun: Bear in mind that the weekends are full of every kind of vehicle known to man that time of year. :bbblll: So if you plan to cruise through at that time you can then head south through western Mass. and on into PA. to avoid NY/NJ, which will lead to lots of options on down the Appalation mountain chain. :grin:

If you want company while up here Scura Girl :wub: and I would be happy to join in for a day or two.