Wrestling a heavy weighter

gthyni

I mostly been riding my GasGas EC lately,

but this afternoon I took the old V11 for a spin

and it was like whestling Hulk Hogan :doh:

I didn't think of the weight before but today

it bothered me :huh2:

Right, nothing to do about it, you can't switch a Guzzi

for something impersonal like a CBR600RR, can you?

This one would do it: :P:

HBR1mUpJ_Pxgen_r_420xA.jpg

the new Bimota DB5 Mille, 158 kilos!

But, at 25000 euro, it is not an option until I win the football pools.

158 kilos, is that dry weight? Or is it wet? That thing should fly if its wet weight. I'm thinking I need a hardcore sportbike in the garage next year too. Aprilia's 04 Mille is a hot looking bike also. I've been leaning toward an 04 R1 though. We'll see what next year brings :food:

158 kg dry weight,

but the engine is air cooled (Ducati desmodue 1000)

so it is light but not very powerful compared to 1000cc

supersportbikes. On the other hand it is lighter than all

600cc supersportbikes.

BTW, I won on the pools today,

but that 100 SEK (just over 10 euro) don't really cut it :huh2:

:grin:

I switch between a VOR530 with a SM kit and the 1100 sport. I have done a few things tot he 1100 sport to get it turn quicker. Athough I carried these out well before I had the VOR. Removed the steering dampener even on its lowest setting it still have quiet an effect. Pulled the forks through the tripple tree's around 5-10mm. With Guzzis fairly conservative steering geometry you can get away from this don't try it on a 600ss.

After riding the V11's one of the things I would seriously consider is huting down a 4.5 rear rim from the orginal V11's and fitting a 160 rear tyre the carbed 1100 sport has this sized tyre and its well balanced witht he whole bike turning in rather than the fron diving in and the rear relutantly following. I think this would improve the handling markedly with Guzzi's modest power ouput you don't really need a 180 section tyre to get the power to the ground.

I'm not sure which variation on the V11 but the other thing to consider would be a proper set of clipon's ones that mount below the top tripple tree to get your wieght forward. My thoughts anyway my biggest problem when switch from the VOR to the Guzzi at the moment is remeber the Guzzi doesn't have a set of 250GP qualifying slicks like the VOR with the ridiclous amounts of grip they provide.

Guest ratchethack
I mostly been riding my GasGas EC lately,

but this afternoon I took the old V11 for a spin

and it was like whestling Hulk Hogan  :doh:

Goran, I found your post interesting. I also have a much lighter offroad bike, and enjoy going back and forth between the two. I find the widely different sets of trade-offs between the two bikes provides great opportunity to explore handling fundamentals. If, after riding the GasGas, you begin feeling like the Guzzi is too heavy again, try taking the Guzzi up to 200kph around some big sweepers and let that massive rock-steady stability and comfort at speed soak into your bones for a few miles. Then jump back on the GasGas and wind it all the way out in top cog. If your experience is anything like mine, it'll feel like you're straddling a spindly little kid's bicycle shot out of a cannon...at only about half the speed...! :o:P

I've just recently come to the conclusion that my Duc is too

SPORTY. Tonight I elected to go fishing instead of playing Mad Max on my Duc

while the LeMans is pearched on it's stand waiting for new sneakers. The V11

almost seems to know the cosmic balance.

The Duc is always lookin' for a fight. It gets to be too much.

It's for sale cheap if anyone's interested...