a little help please...

badmotogoozer

Seems to be. The only questionable item is the left rear wheel bearing. I'll get a second opinion today on its condition. I'll likely replace them both as a precaution. Everything on the right side of the wheel is beautiful. There was even some lube on the splines. not much tho'.

I was expecting a real nightmare once I got in there, but not too bad actually. I'm getting the tires swapped today but I still have to pull apart the transmission so I better be quiet until that's apart...

Ryan

Guest Nogbad
Seems to be.  The only questionable item is the left rear wheel bearing.  I'll get a second opinion today on its condition.  I'll likely replace them both as a precaution.  Everything on the right side of the wheel is beautiful.  There was even some lube on the splines.  not much tho'.

I was expecting a real nightmare once I got in there, but not too bad actually.  I'm getting the tires swapped today but I still have to pull apart the transmission so I better be quiet until that's apart...

Ryan

58422[/snapback]

Good luck with the tranny removal. Incidentally, that compression adjuster is 40 clicks!!!!

Incidentally, that compression adjuster is 40 clicks!!!!
:lol:

Good going Ryan- glad to hear you got it out. I wouldn't use lube on the axle when you put it back in. The rust is a form of loctite and really- do you want the lubed axle to just fall out while you're riding? How safe would that be? :luigi:

BTW, If you want to replace your rear wheel axle spacer....uh....I can get you one on the cheap.

J

Good luck with the tranny removal. Incidentally, that compression adjuster is 40 clicks!!!!

58426[/snapback]

I thought so. I couldn't remember if it was 40 or 20 as I was wanting to set it up in the middle of the range and adjust from there. So I had both numbers floating around in my brain.

Just got back from the shop. The mechanics there both recommended using Never Seize on the axle on reassembly. I'll give that a try as wheel bearing grease can get so messy and run a bit in the sun.

Thanks for the spacer offer but my problem was all in the caliper mount. It'll all clean up just fine.

cheers,

Ryan