Ballabio - First impressions/questions

Guest Britcheflee

I changed my mind. Guzzis DO need a tach but a very special one with two red zones. One zone from 0 to 3500 rpm and the other one starting at 8000 :mg::)

Grossohc: I think you will find that you don't need to change gears all that often, the very wide spread of power is just higher up the scale than you think.

Oh yeah, whart you're lugging your engine, cut it out or we won't let you cheer for the Steelers anymore. :lol:

fish

Can't disagree with your collective input, but also didn't mean to imply that i'm hangin at low revs most of the time. There have, however, been occasions when i have to be puttering along in crawling traffic, almost bumper to bumper, and there isn't really an opportunity to open up the throttle very much even in the lowest gears. At those crawling speeds i understand that the bike isn't making power, and that's where i have encountered roughness. As to riding style, i like the smooth application of power, rather than snapping the throttle, and you are absolutely right, the bike has no torque without the revs. This bike does allow a smoother application of the throttle than my Ducati MOnster, which tended to be very binary- no power or JUICED. But, you are also right that the bike won't pull properly until i am up above 4k rpm and swinging higher. That's what i meant when i said i 'ride over' the spot. Are you guys suggesting more twist of wrist sooner, rather than gradually?

No. Gradually is good. The faster you want to open the throttle the more revs you need to be making first. On mine, you need 5K to avoid detonation if you are going to whack it to the stop. More gradual roll on means you can start at 4K.

ah yer a handsome devil....I have this 'friend' by the name of Belfast that's interested in your phone number....

58925[/snapback]

Re no.4: funnily enough I thought of my 'good friend' JRT straight away as he has recently mentioned very similar 'personal' problems (it may have been in Tech Topics).

Nogbad could perhaps tell more of his experience in this area too. He touches on it, in a post above: "I have to support Ratchet". I feel that there's more to tell.

As for your age. I can assure you that you are in good company. This is pretty much the perfect age for Moto Guzzing.

Why did JR use 'that's', rather than 'who's'? Hmm.

What's your phone number? I have a 'very good friend' who would like to know.