Warranty not honored for failed wheel bearings

Guest Dustbin

Guest SCURA275

AS WITH YOU MY REAR WHEEL BEARINGS FAILED AT A VERY YOUNG 2000 MILES AND WERE NOT COVERED SO I PUT SOME BETTER ONES IN THEY ARE READY TO BE REPLACED AGAIN AND I HAVE ONLY GOT ALITTLE OVER 17000 ON THEM :helmet:

Change the spacer.

There is a recent thread on here detailing how to measure the length and someone was offering some new ones for sale.

My 03 V11 Sport has 4500 miles on it, and the rear wheel bearings are going out. I roade to work today and the rear end felt like it was wallowing!

I've got an appointment with Monroe in SF to warranty fix a pan oil leak, valve cover gasket leak, bubbling case paint, and now this! Also, my tach needle has bleached white, but it's supposedly cosmetic, so it's not covered!!! I love the bike to death, but thats a ton of problems for a bike with this little of miles.

Also, my tach needle has bleached white, but it's supposedly cosmetic, so it's not covered!!! I love the bike to death, but thats a ton of problems for a bike with this little of miles.

59863[/snapback]

I thought the bleaching speedo and tach needles was a problem confined to the Veglia instruments. Doesn't the 2003 have the ITI clocks?

Yes, well done.

I'm hoping that MGNA, and the factory, are getting feedback about things like this spacer which is too short. Engineers at the factory should be checking these things out dammit!!

A buddy of mine had his rear wheel bearings go on his '02 Lemans at less than 500kms! Unfortunately, his nearest dealer is 350 miles away, and he being smarter than the Guzzi engineer who set this thing up, made a new spacer on his lathe, tapped new bearings, and guess what, no problems.

Ciao, Steve G.

This is interesting. Most motorcycle companies will not warranty a bearing after 5K miles. Now the notoriously unresponsive MGNA is covering a set at 10K.

Add the fact that I think I may be finally getting a very old warranty issue resolved (more on that as it progresses) and one has to wonder what is going on. Is MGNA finally figuring out treating customers like annoying problems rather then people who keep your company in business is not a good way to run things? Will the Breva really blow away the clouds of poor customer service? Be still my heart!

Lex :race: