new breva

Guest cliffy

:thumbsup::D How does it feel after two months with a breva v1100 :race: and some touring to boot :drink: well mellow :bike: check one out to see :bier: cheers everybody !! :sun: ya wont be dissapointed !!!! :mg:

:thumbsup:  :D How does it feel after two months with a breva v1100  :race: and some touring to boot :drink: well mellow  :bike: check one out to see  :bier: cheers everybody !! :sun: ya wont be dissapointed !!!! :mg:

59530[/snapback]

I've already got funds set aside for one and I am waiting for the USA to get their allotment. Got any suggestions as to which color combination looks best?

...i was thinking aboutgetting one but now the Buell Ulysses is higher on my list for a touring do everything bike

Uh... and those who think that Guzzis are somewhat reliable stand down. ;)

Robbie, PM following.

...i was thinking aboutgetting one but now the Buell Ulysses is higher on my list for a touring do everything bike

59538[/snapback]

Do not hit the throttle too hard with that gooooorgeous red head on the back!

This bike is wheelie prone with one up, but two up is a circus act!

2006-Buell-Ulysses-XB12X-New-Adventure-Sportbike-D.jpeg

But I'll bet it is a blast to ride, and at 50-65MPG you can afford to fix it when it breaks! :luigi:

59538[/snapback]

Yeah. I want one of those as well, but I'm trying a Griso first. I owe it to MG. The other likely option is a new Ulysses and keep the faithful V11 too.

thats what i'm thinking :) hotrod the V11 and have the Buell with luggage for long getaways where i can beat the hell out of it :)

the only downside is that Todd E winnae talk to me anymore if i buy one :) ..or a least come help me fix it if i break it :)

i'd consider a Quota if they brought one out reasonably soon, it's just always so convenient to buy yer bike with all the luggage etc already there and fitted to the bike rather than have to mess around fabricating brackets etc.

plus the buell wheelies :)

I don't care about the cynics on here.

The Buell is a mighty fine bike with great power all through the rev range, super handling, style and individuality. The belt drive has all the advantages of a shaft with less inertia and Buell have done a great job with the old Sportster HD engine. Also, it will give you 10 mpg more than the V11, and with gas prices at today's levels, that has to be worth something as well.

Belt drive is smooth clean and forgiving.

My preferences are belt....shaft...chain.

A belt has to be well guarded though, prefrably on upper and lower runs. A stray stone will at least burst the belt and my well scrap the pulley too.

Nige.

A stray stone will at least burst the belt and my well scrap the pulley too.

Nige.

59847[/snapback]

I've heard of that too. Is it common?

I've heard of that too. Is it common?

59850[/snapback]

It really depends where you are riding, but it can happen quite easily.

I had an'85 FXRS Sport for many years, the belt was quite wide, but both the upper and lower runs were very well guarded. Quite regularly I cleared debris from the lower guard, so it is a fair bet it would have lunched the belt on more than one occasion.

An open belt may look cool, but it is very vulnerable.

I really do like belts, but they need to be used sensibly. Correct adjustment is very important. They give quite a lot when they are bedding in, then pretty much nothing at all for the life of the belt. A slack belt feels pretty much like what you would expect...an elastic band...unpleasant to ride and in a very short time you will have fractured and missing teeth.

Cleaner lighter smoother.

Nige. B)

Do not hit the throttle too hard with that gooooorgeous red head on the back!

This bike is wheelie prone with one up, but two up is a circus act!

2006-Buell-Ulysses-XB12X-New-Adventure-Sportbike-D.jpeg

59727[/snapback]

Do these people over there in the bike wear jackets with the Guzzi insignia at the top of the sleeves?? :P

I protest :lol: :lol:

Don't trust this picture! You can see by the lighting of the faces in the helmets that it's manipulated. <_>

My guess: this is the new Quota with a Buell engine photoshopped in it. That's why they have the Guzzi emblems on ther sleeves. :rolleyes: