Tenni Carbon Fiber Cans

Orson

I just found out (ok ok, so I'm a bit slow) that, along with the nitride coated forks and the single plate clutch, the Tenni also has carbon fiber cans that differ from the cans on regular Le Mans models.

Anyone know any specs on these carbon fiber cans? Are they lighter? Do they provide more power?

I've noticed that they sound pretty nice but, I just assumed all Le Mans sounded this way.

Cheers

:bier:

:mg: Hi! Van here, l got my Tenni last year from the local dealer in Vancouver and mine had what l thought were the stock cans (pretty ratty as the right hand can was cracked) dark coloured, they could be aluminum but were an almost purple/blue/grey colour. Much to quiet and civilized for my taste so l replaced them with a set of really great sounding Mistral carbon fiber ones.....ahh, the sound of them is music to my ears!!!

They are also less than half the weight of the stock pipes.

l think that the Tenni is one of the best looking bikes ever, a real hoot to ride,and is certainly very unusual in it's colour scheme.

How has yours been so far? mines still in the early stages with just over 6000 km's and so far been an absolute pleasure to ride. (great for letting Harleys know what a real V twin should sound like, and for giving Monsters a fright)

Does anyone know how many Tenni's were built?? is the number of only 150 right ??

Tenni owners unite!!!!

:bier: Cheers,

Van, proud owner of Tenni # 125

How has yours been so far? mines still in the early stages with just over 6000 km's and so far been an absolute pleasure to ride.Tenni owners unite!!!!

:bier: Cheers,

Van, proud owner of Tenni # 125

59579[/snapback]

I have about 40,000 km on mine...all of them sport touring. I'm very satisfied! :mg: I had an initial oil leak from the timing chain cover and two rear wheel bearings fail but other than that, it's been wonderful.

I think they made 150 or 300 Tennis. I'm leaning towards 150. In case you didn't know, the paint scheme is in homage of the Guzzi factory race bikes of the 1950s

:race:

I have about 40,000 km on mine...all of them sport touring. I'm very satisfied! :mg: I had an initial oil leak from the timing chain cover and two rear wheel bearings fail but other than that, it's been wonderful.

I think they made 150 or 300 Tennis. I'm leaning towards 150. In case you didn't know, the paint scheme is in homage of the Guzzi factory race bikes of the 1950s

:race:

59625[/snapback]

:helmet:

Great to talk to another Tenni owner!! l got the part about the paint scheme, l love it! keep in touch

Cheers

Van

:mg:Hi Francesco!! So tell me, is the T132 for Tenni #132??

l guess that explains the Tenni #154 in Holland!!

Montana eh? that's really not TOO far away, son of a gun, we're almost neighbours!...and any way you travel, you would have to cover some of the best roads/scenery around. Thanks for the reply and keep in touch'

Cheers

Van

Hi Tennisti, I knew that production from 150 was stretched to 165. It sure looks great, there is one selling on ebay right now, but missing of the suede sit  :rolleyes:

60141[/snapback]

:mg: Hello fellow Tennisti !!!

It is awesome to chat with other fine fellows who have the ultimate in fine and refined taste, not only do you have, and love Guzzi's, but you are guzzista of the "tenni order" !!!

Fellow Tenni riders as far away as Saudi,#061, and Montana,#165 !!

Say Martenni, as your Tenni is # 165 of what you say they increased the production run to, then you would have the last Tenni ever made!!!!!! how neat is that!!

It seems that rear wheel bearing failure is a common feature, mine are still ok although l only have about 6000kms. Also sad to say, mine did not come with the suede seat. l thought about that and as we live in a pretty wet climate thought that the suede would be a drag in the rain? what are they like ?? My black seat is surprisinglly comfortable but has a small tear on the rear edge (partially covered by the cowl)

:bier::bier:

Cheers Guys,

Van

:mg: Hi

I have Tenni 165 ,its been great except for  having to change the rear wheel bearings.Compared to an earlier Tenni it has different switch gear and the fuel filter is out front instead of above the engine.

Regards

:)

60306[/snapback]