Hi There

McEly

Hello all,

I'm from Cagliari, in the south of Sardinia, and I ride a le Mans III.

Actually my bike is not street legal any more, so it can only be ridden on closed tracks.

My first guzzi was a V50 Monza (little le mans) and then I bought my smashing le Mans.

I'm about to bild a new one, starting from an army T5.

It will be a personal interpretation of the red frame V7s (if I don't change my mind).

What else can I say........I'm pleased to meet you all and I look forward to see you guzzi friends in sunny Sardinia.

Do pictures need to be already on the net to be posted or shall I use the attachments function?

60181[/snapback]

Either.

If you use attatchments you get the nice little picture to click on to enlarge if you wish. The down side is that you have only so much global space on your account (get more by becoming a Goldmember) and attatchments are heavy users. They also use up Jaap's server space and bandwidth. Becareful on the size of your picture will need to (or should) resize it prior to attatchment.

I use links (img) to remotely hosted pictures, loads of free hosts out there. Saves on Jaap's server and bandwidth. Could be an issue for users on a slow dial up connection if there are a lot of pictures in a thread. (mine resizes automaticly (250kb) so not too much of an issue

Topic on pictures

and another

One of the nice things about this forum is that we use a lot of pictures in our threads (some are even relevent) compared to Wildguzzi (even though lots cross post) for example.

Oh and Welcome :)

Hello all,

Actually my bike is not street legal any more, so it can only be ridden on closed tracks.

I thought Sardinia was a closed track?* :huh:

Can you make it street legal again, or do you just not want to? [Curious; tell us more about the biking on Sardinia!]

It will be a personal interpretation of the red frame V7s (if I don't change my mind).

What else can I say........I'm pleased to meet you all and I look forward to see you guzzi friends in sunny Sardinia.

60171[/snapback]

Heck, I've heard from those who've been there that the riding is great! Better be careful with that invitation; a whole horde of Guzzisti could show up on your doorstep at once! :D

Ride on!

:bike:

* It's a joke, O.K? It's an island, after all; all roads must eventually loop back to the start! ;)

Thanks a lot for your answer.

Do pictures need to be already on the net to be posted or shall I use the attachments function?

:bier:

Here's the two of us

who's like us?

damn few

and they're all dead

60181[/snapback]

The Attachments Function allows you to upload directly from your computer.

It is the quickest and easiest way to post images, but I prefer uploading to a free image file hosting site like, http://www.imageshack.us/

and then just posting the link to it by clicking on the "IMG" button that you will see when posting.

The reason to use the free image server is because it reduces bandwidth useage and billing fees incured by our benevolent host, Jaap.

I even put my avatar on imageshack since it probably gets hit thousands of times per week.

It would be great if you could post some Le Mans racing photos!

Welcome to the list!

Thanks a lot for your answer.

:bier:

Here's the two of us

who's like us?

damn few

and they're all dead

60181[/snapback]

Gaun yirsel, wee man!

Except it's-

Here's tae us!

Wha's like us?

Damn few, an they're a' deid!

Welcome aboard.

:drink:

Thanks to all the guzzi crew!

Sardinia is indeed a huge race track, but unfortunately we have very fast policemen.

I used to ride my le mans in coast roads, but we finally got a race track in the north of Sardinia and I thought it would had been safer for me and my driving licence not to ride it in pubblic roads.

My everyday bike is a triumph daytona centennial edition.

Sorry about the toast but I can't spell it in the right way. Too much for a Sardinian.

I have some friends from both Ireland and Scotland but they where not very good teaching.

An invasion of guzzi riders is not a problem in Sardinia. We defeated the Romans, so we might handle "Guzzisti".

We produce a secret weapon called Ichnusa (a light pale yellow lager).

Sorry i forgot to answer about making the le mans street legal again.

It is poissible but too much work.

As I post before i'm about to bild a new guzzi and that one will be street legal (but for lafranconi competizione but nobody cares).

bye bye to you all and take care.

I will post some picture of my le mans as soon as possible.

I will post some picture of my le mans as soon as possible.

If you go Here FREE PICS HOSTING you can upload a picture you like for free(It has to be less that 1024kb- a jpeg pic. is often less in size and fits OK ) . Then you get some links of where your picture is. Just copy-paste them (after pressing on your post board that img button)in to the line and there will you picture appear on the forum.

Welcome. I visited Cagliari when I was in the Navy. Post away, and let's see some photos of sunny Sardinia. :bier:

Hello all,

My first guzzi was a V50 Monza (little le mans) and then I bought my smashing le Mans.

60171[/snapback]

Welcome to the site! I've been to Cagliari a few times myself- I was stationed at Sigonella, Sicily for a while, (4 years) and did a lot of work through Sardinia. Beautiful place for sure! :bier: