Miles eats humble pie

Miles Long

Since I first bought it I have grumbled long & hard in various forums about the handling of my Ballabio.

For 15 months & 12000 km it's been an absolute pig. I've tried everything to little avail.

Two days ago I had two new tyres fitted...Pilot powers...

the transformation is remarkable.

Handling & steering ,on rough road & smooth, at high speed & low, can now only be described as superb,it is now a pleasure to ride instead of a chore.

Superlatives from the faithful I've seen in these forums, such as "rock solid" & "sure footed", I've pooh- poohed from the rooftops.But now I have seen the light.

I can now say that the Guzzi is as good as my Nortons...&.. yes I know.. it's faster too. :D

The front tyre, a Mettzler Sportec fitted as standard on the new bike is obviously the culprit here....never again to be fitted on any bike of mine. :bbblll:

A similar thing happened to me in about 1973, when I went from a ribbed front tyre to a TT100 on my Suzuki 550, but I'm abslutely astounded that tyres would make such a huge difference these days...could I have had a dud???

Cheers n beers,

Miles

happily gorging on humble pie

Two days ago I had two new tyres fitted...Pilot powers...

the transformation is remarkable.

Hi Miles

I have a 78 Triumph and know what your going through when it comes to 25kmh corners. I don the pilots and presto. Next time try the soft one on the front[power]and the hard one on the back[road].You will get more kms out of them both.I rode10000kms with crap tyres on,It took me 6000ks to get over it.Can kick arse round the 25s now.2 super bike schools later and its all good.

Good luck and good tyres.

cheers Gilly. :drink:

I was always amazed that you found the V11 such a handfull? I haven't had enough experience to know what works and what doesn't with 'em so it's interesting to find that you've found tyre choice so critical. Tyres are always a very personal choice but the newer Guzzis seem to be particularly picky when it comes to rubber.

Oh well, I suppose I'll find out all about that when I get my Greaso :grin:

Pete

I was always amazed that you found the V11 such a handfull? I haven't had enough experience to know what works and what doesn't with 'em so it's interesting to find that you've found tyre choice so critical. Tyres are always a very personal choice but the newer Guzzis seem to be particularly picky when it comes to rubber.

Oh well, I suppose I'll find out all about that when I get my Greaso :grin:

Pete

60409[/snapback]

Hi Pete

The Greaso will have nice new tyres so it will be fine.Only seem to have problems with second hand bikes.I bought my scura last december,2004. With 4000kms, original tyres.So you tend to ride the tyres out. That makes the tyres at least 3 years from manufacture date.[old and hard].So get on your new Greaso and flog them new tyres out,cause there allready 12 months old.

Have a lovley day. Gilly :bike: