Tarmac inspection

Guest aironepony

Guest aironepony

I recently had cause to give a close inspection to the road surface near Fordingbridge. I found it to be hard enough to break a collar bone and two ribs.

The whole incident took place at slow speed on a dry, silted, and lightly gravelled surface that had been left behind after a local flash flood.

The Rosso sustained as much damage as I did; all to the right hand side.

We are both recovering well........................... :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that. So easily done on the crap, badly maintained surfaces that pass for roads in this country.

Glad you are mostly ok, and I wish you and the bike a speedy recovery. Hope your confidence isn't dented. After I came off on some diesel years ago I am still far slower than I reasonably need to be in the wet.....

What's up with all the wrecking and crashing and dropping lately? Sunspots? Patchy September ice?

the Griso and Breva 1100 are now available.....

Sorry to hear about the bones.. hope they heal well

I found it to be hard enough to break a collar bone and two ribs.

60581[/snapback]

Ouch!

Sometimes I think protective gear should look more like the Michelin man than dominatrix wear.

American football shoulder pads should be mandated!!! Umh, maybe not, but they or motocross pads, may have saved you, and others, from alot of suffering.

Best wishes for your healing well.

Guest aironepony

Many thanks to you all for your kind thoughts, every day sees improvement.

The Rosso Corsa needs £2,500 worth of repair, and the good old NHS is sorting me out very nicely.

I must say that the attending Police were absolutely marvellous, they sorted the transfer of the bike to a Recovery Agent and then visited me in the ITU to give me a verbal report and a written version of what they had arranged for me.

Well done Wiltshire Police! ................... :thumbsup:

Many thanks to you all for your kind thoughts, every day sees improvement.

a verbal report and a written version of what they had arranged for me.

Well done Wiltshire Police!  ................... :thumbsup:

60674[/snapback]

Isn't that the same as a NIP* and a summons for due care :(

No seriously, sorry to hear about this, glad that relatively minor and heres to a speedy recovery.

*NIP- Notice of Intended Prosecution, required to be given within 14 days for various traffic offences, except after an accident that the driver was aware of.

"You will be reported for consideration of the question of prosecution for the offence of...."

could be worse laddie, out here in california the motorways are all slabs of concrete loosely joined together and i'ev had more rock chips in car windscreens in my 9 years of living in the states then i did he entire tie i've bene driving in the UK.

I think it must be simply too hot for Tar Macadam here

We are both recovering well........................... :thumbsup:

60581[/snapback]

Ouch! I know exactly what that feels like... can't get comfortable for even a second. Every breath feels like the ribs are breaking again. Collar bone and ribs - not much is worse (bone wise) than that combination...

Hope they're stuffing you with the good drugs...

speedy recovery!!

Rj

60581[/snapback]

Ouch - get well soon.

Hopefully you have managed to avoid soft tissue damage. My get-off last December is mostly forgotten, except for the knee-end of my Vastus Medialis (one of the quadricep muscles) which is still not 100% (even after lots of therapy). It's good enough to play rugby again, but the doc says it may never get past 95%.