flashing the ECU

Guest jasper

hi there,

Last weekend i had the scura tuned by means of flashing the bike's ECU. After looking at the options available i decided that this was the way to go since it allowes for adjusting both injection as ignition curves (and it is a bit cheaper as the powercommander to). The results are in the attached graph. This time no adjustments were made to the igition curce since i haven't made any adjustements to the ignition system but i am planning to get a twinspark setup this winter. The bike has the mistral oval carbon exhausts and a k&n filter in the orginal airbox (which is swiss cheesed). Adjusting the bike on the testbench was great to see! nice to see the bevelbox work and i feel a bit sorry for all the cars i passed cause the roar of that engine at full throttle is just a bit much standing a meter away from it!

after about 7 runs we ended up with .. 83.4 BHP and 93.3 nm and a stronger engine all over the rpm range...

On the graph i recieved through email it doesn't show the Lambda but i'll try getting that one to. Before adjusting the lambda was pretty high especially at higher RPM which is probably caused by the modified exhaust (the injection was adjusted a bit with a static setup). After adjustment it's staying at 13 and a bit throughout the intire rev range.

Now I just need to get the dip in the powercurve fixed.... :P

www.tovami.com is the site of the company who performed the work, nice people and good service if you are in the neigbourhood (holland that is) it's worth the drive overthere!

Ciao

jap

post-1494-1127241109_thumb.jpg

Nice results!

I guess you know the Stucchi Crossover is the easiest fix for the mid-range flat spot.

Is there any chance you could post the map?

I have similar modifications and I am about to try flashing with tune-boy.

can't really post the map cause i don't have it as a file

From my experience the standard map isn't that far of just in the higher RPM range it's running to lean... with the adjustments i made. So in the end just minor adjustments to just the injection mapping resulted in a much smoother engine!

Ciao

jasper