ebay Nero Corsa

orangeokie

ebay Nero Corsa

Does anyone know who won this?  Nice pick up! :bier:

61088[/snapback]

I bid on the it before I left for the Maryland/DC rally but I didn't think that I would win the bike because I just bid the asking price. I was surprised that no one bid on the bike. Anyone know this dealer?

Tom

. . . Anyone know this dealer?

Tom

61259[/snapback]

I guess you will get to know him real soon. Congrats on the pickup. You got a great price on a beautiful classic! :bier:

Anyone know this dealer?

61259[/snapback]

I spoke with the owner(?) for about an hour early this summer. I think he is a former Army Ranger instructor from Alaska and apears to be running a shop that specializes in two of his passions; Kyaking and out-door adventure gear and Italian Motorcycles (must be nice). He didn't have a lot of Gguzzi-Aprilla stock but looked like it was working at a low end sort of way. There was more white-water types in the store during the short time I there. Not sure about the maintenace end of things either. I think he has an assembler and someone that can do warranty work and basic tuning. The owner's focus while I was there apeared to be more dialed into what was earning his living... boats and gear..

He did give me a free Guzzi sticker and spent some time chatting V11s :thumbsup:

The owner's focus while I was there apeared to be more dialed into what was earning his living...  boats and gear..

61323[/snapback]

I was willing to buy the bike at his asking price but he was unwilling to sell me the bike......at his asking price. I am not too happy but not much I can do about it now.

Tom

That's just poor form!  I hope he didn't leave you negative feedback...

Rj

61333[/snapback]

I don't think he will because I have a feeling he is glad the deal fell through. I talked to him and he was rather adamant about the 48 hour deposit. I told him that I was at a Moto Guzzi rally(Maryland/DC) and didn't get the notice that I won until I got home after the 48 hour time line. I would have thought that when one sets a minimum bid that that is what they need at a MINIMUM. Technically it is my fault but never had this happen to me before. The closing time for the bidding was about 4pm on Friday and I bid about five minutes before I left for the rally. I would have had to Fedex him a deposit (try getting a certified check or money order; certainly not cash) on Friday night for him to get it by Saturday. I may appeal this to e-Bay and see what they say.

Tom

This dealer is 250 miles from my location.