Perfect ride today....but....

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Took a ride down to Napa today - well, I was supposed to go somewhere else but I got lost...oh well see the pic - roads deserted and ranged from straight to very windy.....had to zork back to get home in time to pick up daughter from school on way heard an odd noise but thought no more of it - parked bike, took a stretch and thought, what a great day,,,,then discovered a nice hole right in the lens of the headlight........bugger!

So, I guess these are sealed units, any idea where I can get one (closest dealers are in SFO I guess) and should I practice bending down and holding my ankles????

Lee

post-1974-1127858717_thumb.jpg

Guest Britcheflee

Any Idea where I might get one? First time I have ever had a headlight smashed like this in all my years riding - mind you, I was going at a pretty good speed in some spots - suppose it is better that than it hitting me in the face...another reason for a full face helmet - that would have taken an eye out. Looks like a bloody bullet hole!!!

Lee

Guest bshpilot

alternatives ? EBAY (god i hate to admit it sometime....but i just bought 4 spark plugs for my zrx for 16dollars that the dealer wanted 9dollar a piece for).

also consider alternatives...god knows you might find something more

interesting or that provides higher quality output...

You can get an entire 7" headlight from MG Cycle for $175.

61463[/snapback]

The V11 Sport uses a 8 inch headlamp. A used Ducati Monster headlamp goes for $255. on ebay. I have heard the BMW headlamp is the same (Bosch) and is alot cheaper in price. Just the lens through Guzzi is a few hundred bucks and who knows how long it will take to get? :mg:

Mike

Guest Britcheflee

That is indeed Lake Berryessa - then continue along towards Napa on 128 and 121 for a ride which will test your brakes and cornering ability - I was exhausted by the time I got to Napa!!! There are also nice off camber corners and lumps in the road which keeps you grabbing on for dear life - another nice ride is up my way on Hwy 49 towards Jackson - if you are ever coming this way let me know and Ill ride with you if you dont mind riding slow for an old fart like me :helmet:

Lee

Check with Moto International...I had to pick one up there a few months ago. Unfortunately I broke mine putting a new bulb in not riding it :homer: Be very carefull with the little plastic tabs that the spring holding the bulb in hook over. They are very easily broken off resulting in throwing away then entire lens housing. At least it wasn't as expensive as I expected...about $145 if I remember correctly...not cheap but not as bad I expected.

Randy

Guest Britcheflee

Any of the tech guys out there have any idea what the part number on the Bosch headlight might be? Guess Ill have to take it off and see if there is any info on the back or inside which might help get a match. What a pain.

Lee

Lee

That's a favourite sunday ride for me.. up 80 to Cherry Glen (pleasant valley) to 128 to some other road that heads south to 80.. Wood something or other.. then home.

at the intersection of Pleasant Valley and 128 (or 121) you can head right (east) into Winters which is where the wildguzzi crowd have their 3rd sunday of the month breakfast...

Regards, Tim

Guest Britcheflee

Yep, been planning to go for a long time - now I know where it is I am going to make a trip one sunday... once you get off the madness of the freeway it is a nice ride....I just thank god I dont have to deal with all that traffic every day and I am very grateful to be able to live where I do - I am still getting used to the distances though, what looks like a short trip on the map turns out to be freaking miiiiiiiles!!!!

Lee

Andy, contact your Local BMW m-c dealer.

Tell him you need a headlight lens for a 1977 R100/7. Same headlamp.

Different beam pattern for UK vs rest of world

The BMW parts fiche shows  a UK version of the lens.

In the US it comes with the gasket. About $30USD last I bought.

Best of luck.

Contact me if you have no luck, I can provide BMW number for the UK lens.

57457[/snapback]

This is the post I was trying to find from Todd at MPH on the headlight lens. Confirms Rob's information.