Best Cafe Fairing for '04 V11 Naked?

Guest Ray R

Sorry Guys,

the R90s fairing does nothing for me. I bought an original Scura Fairing in a kit from the dealer for $350 Australian. Painted it in 2 pak black gloss, the original and the best.

Cheers

Auldy

114_1485_IMG.JPG

There is a place in Arizona that does "streetfighter" fairings.

Lots of them are really weird :wacko: but there are a couple that might work.

Please don't hold it against me...Just do a search for "Wild hair accessories"

Well, I have been searching for a way to get a screen just an inch or so taller than the standard Scura Flyscreen......

Nothing nada so far......

So in one of my not infrequent bouts of lateral (read 'alternative' ) thinking, I dismissed the standard Le Mans fairing as too much fairing and too easy. :grin:

>>

Waaayyy back in ooohhhh 1979 or thereabouts I tested a LM2 that a mate was thinking of buying...Very nice it was too..It had an excellent screen height for me....it also had a really naff rectangular headlamp. :moon: I thought the fairing was an excellent combination of form and function though...I know a lot of folk dumped the lowers but being a shortarse they never troubled me and gave good weather coverage. I liked the fairing so much I bought one and put it on my S3....

So up to last Summer then....

'Right' says I.....'I'll nail a LM2 fairing on t' bugger then!' Now I would have felt really guilty if I had attacked an original pristine 20+ year old fairing, but I found a slightly doggy one on Ebay, bought it and attacked it wi' me Dremel :luigi:

The lowers now weigh less than half what they did. and I 'converted' them so that I don't have to take the exhausts off to fit them. The lowers are nearly done and will look smart. I am determined to retain the V11 original headlamp.....Not going to use the naff rectangular Fiat effort :bbblll:

It ain't complete yet, but I am gunning for it to look like a standard factory option. actually it is looking very promising. I am going for the modern Guzzi 'headlamp falling out of the bottom' look :grin:

I'll keep you posted if anyone is interested.

Nige. B)

Thanks.....Well, I could, matey, but everything is in a state of flux at the moment, sort of a WIP. Everything is filler, alloy, sandpaper and Dremel at the moment :blush:

I would rather hit you with the gob smacking finished product TBH. :pic::grin:

If you really would like WIP photos, I could maybe take some & email them to you?

Nige. B)

By all means hit us with the finished article, but please then show and talk us through the WIP

63094[/snapback]

Okie Dokey...

Looks like I had better start documenting it with a few photographs then. :blush:

Nige. B)

I ended up buying the fairing from Moto-International in Seattle. I don't have the part number, but if you call them (800-949-6686...talk to Aaron) and tell them you're inquiring about the color matched fairing Ray bought for his '04 RED V11 Naked, they'll know what you're talking about. It's from Moto-Guzzi, and it looks perfect on the bike. It was $250 US.

Update: It's the same fairing that's on the Ballabio, Cafe Sport, Coppa Italia, etc. It's probably for the Ballabio, since it's the same red color as what's on that bike. I think it looks better on the Naked, with it's clip-ons, than the Ballabio. It just seems to fit the look of the bike better. I'll post a pic soon....working on other stuff first.