V11 Sport Tank Bag

FJR05

Guest Britcheflee

Just ordered some saddlebags from RKA - speak to Richard who is a nice guy - I had a crafty plan to purchase some MG sew on badges and asked him to put them on when they made the bags - unfortunately he is not allowed to do so due to licencing or whatever - the tank bags look good as well and I like the idea of custom made items even though they are a tad more expensive....now my question is, how do I attach the MG patches to the item - need some kind of waterproof strong glue I guess. They have magnetic tank bags I think which I imagine would stay in place more securely than straps which no matter how tight you cinch them down would allow for movement and thus scratching.

Lee

I will post a report once the bags come in and I get them attached.

.    They have magnetic tank bags I think which I imagine would stay in place more securely than straps which no matter how tight you cinch them down would allow for movement and thus scratching.

Lee

I will post a report once the bags come in and I get them attached.

62041[/snapback]

Aren't our tanks plastic?

I'm looking for a orginial MG Tank bag but having trouble in my quest. Any good alternative tank bags out there?TIA S.D.

62018[/snapback]

I just got a mg tank bag a couple months ago from:

www.mphcycles.com

I highly recomend it!

Guest Britcheflee

Plastic gas tank? Well, just retrieved one of the thousand or so magnetic things stuck to our fridge and by george, you are right, it will not work with magnets!!!

Seems like our bikes are about 20 lbs of plastic stuck on 490lbs of engine!!!!!

Lee

Marsee is coming out with new way of attaching tank bags using the gas cap area. Unsure whether this will work with Guzzi's. It's a pretty new product.

New Marsee Tankbags

62087[/snapback]

http://www.luggagelocker.com/luggage-tank-locker.htm

was posted on this site a while back has a simular method.

For what it's worth I still like my Baglux despite the kill switch incident (not the right post talk about asking for it - one month later :( )

Chase Harper also makes a very nice product. www.chaseharper.com

I don't know if they are still in business but I've been using an Eclipse tankbag for about 25 years.

62093[/snapback]

I'm using an Eclipse Tanktote now on my LM and it fits and works fine. I think Eclipse changed ownership within the past 2 years.

I like the MG tank bag but question the utility of something that zps open at the front. It doesn't work well if you're moving. I won't go into what I'm doing opening a tank bag while in motion but I suspect that I'm not the only person who's ever done so.