Anyone fitted a 120/60 front?

O2 V11

When I imported my bike I also bought in some Continental Contiforce tyres. Yes, they were cheap and surprisingly made in Korea. I was contemplating selling these and fitting Dialo Stradas as replacements for the OE Bridgestones. But I didn't as the Pirellis are pricey in my part of the world. I was dropping my rear wheel off to the guy who was fitting them for me when I saw he had the same tyre as mine in 170/60. I asked him if he would swap my 180/55 for his and he agreed.

What a difference, I have only had a quick 70 mile ride but I find the difference remarkable. The bike is easier to "turn in", it definitely needs less steering input and doesn't feel as top heavy as it did before.

On to the real question, has anyone with the early, shorter framed models ever fitted a 120/60 front tyre. Why I ask is while looking through the Continental catalogue I noticed they made one. The overall diameter is 24mm less than the traditional 120/70. If fitted this would have the same effect as raising the fork legs 12mm in the triple trees.

Rob

On to the real question, has anyone with the early, shorter framed models ever fitted a 120/60 front tyre. Why I ask is while looking through the Continental catalogue I noticed they made one. The overall diameter is 24mm less than the traditional 120/70. If fitted this would have the same effect as raising the fork legs 12mm in the triple trees.

I ran mine last summer on 120/60-17 Pirelli dragon corsa, no trouble with the front.

but watch out many tyres with the lower profile are made for lightweight bikes

like 600cc sportbike or supermotard bikes. Our V11s needs a more stable tyre

at high speeds.

Slight warning.

up here in the cold north we have had loads of problems with VERY cheap pattern tyres made in the deep east. both on bikes and cars. the rubber compound and construction in these are often lowgrade and makes the tyre do all sorts of strange things; like skid, melt, shear, blow up and other charming behaviour. they do not work properly at "normal" temperatures.

prices on these are so low (30-40% of normal brand tyres) that that alone should trigger the alarm.

On heavy bikes like ours its important to go for proven stability.

Be aware!!

parallell subject again...doh...sorry...