new V11 sport naked (the bike, not rider!)

Guest trispeed

Guest trispeed

Hello all, I have just purchased a 2004 V11 Sport Naked and would like to know if you have any suggestions re: mods, preventative maintenance, etc. that would be helpful for this new machine. I'm a long time motorcyclist, though this is my first Guzzi. Thanks in advance. I have a CLASS trackday booked for Nov. 11 and am frothing at the mouth with anticipation re: shocking the heck out of the sport bike crowd with this 'old mans' machine.

Hello all, I have just purchased a 2004 V11 Sport Naked and would like to know if you have any suggestions re: mods, preventative maintenance, etc. that would be helpful for this new machine. I'm a long time motorcyclist, though this is my first Guzzi. Thanks in advance. I have a CLASS trackday booked for Nov. 11 and am frothing at the mouth with anticipation re: shocking the heck out of the sport bike crowd with this 'old mans' machine.

62861[/snapback]

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here myself and had a great time reading and reading as I tried to decide if I wanted to buy a V11, and then what year and model. Good luck with your track day on your "old man's" sports bike. :bier:

Welcome trispeed.

Enjoy the track day, but don't chuck the bike away trying to keep up with other 1000-1100cc bikes. With equal riders on the track, an untouched V11 has a bit more ability than a Suzuki SV650. The V11 will grind the side stand easily on the left, and tap on the front of the exhaust can on the right. It will grunt out of the exit of the corner, but will not handle as well in the corner.

Ciao, Steve G.

Guest trispeed

thanks, I'll be careful, though I did enjoy grinding around Willow Springs on my '83 Aspencade in the past, so this will be much easier than that!

Welcome!

Aside from the usual PowerCommander (or My15m) / muffler / x-over / airbox mods, and if you'll be riding in the rain much, I highly recommend rerouting the gearbox vent/breather. Its located in front of the rear wheel and the shielding isn't that great. Water gets in there and your gearbox oil will start looking like pea soup (then it foams out the vent and drips on to the exhaust :food: ) There are a couple of posts here that show how to do it, and if I get off my lazy butt and redo mine I'll post some pics.

That's my :2c:

-slug

:2c: scratchin on da track ''on a 83 aspencade. :rasta: still lurnin. :thumbsup:

thanks, I'll be careful, though I did enjoy grinding around Willow Springs on my '83 Aspencade in the past, so this will be much easier than that!

62877[/snapback]