Moto Guzzi in Tokyo?

Mr. Bean

Hi all,

I'm going to be in Tokyo for the next week or so and was wondering if anyone knows of any dealers or other places with some good swag to pick up. Specifically Guzzi of course, but BMW and Honda stuff too for some family and friends of mine would be great as well.

Thanks,

Randy

There's supposed to be a street in Tokyo with nothing but motorcycle accessory shops. Every motorcycle doodad known to man...and then some. I forget the name of the street but it's supposed to be really impressive.

Very good! I think I know what that area is. There are a few blocks on the map up in the Ueno area marked "Motorcycle town." I'll have to drop by there. I talked with a BMW dealer that also sells Guzzi and have the address to that dealership as well. Lots of bikes around here but haven't seen a single Guzzi yet.

Thanks,

Randy

I don't know where these guys are but worth to visit, they sell trick v11 parts, you can't get anywhere.

http://www.guzzisport.com/

it seems:

224-0041

Kanagawa prefecture Yokohama city Tsuzuki Ku relations town stand 4-1-5

TEL:045-943-2891/FAX:045-943-2893

http://www.motoguzzi-jp.com/owners_club_j/ownersclub.html

http://www.globe.sh/guzzi/japan/

http://www.globe.sh/guzzi/gf-gal-01/gf-gal-01.htm

http://www.motoguzzi-jp.com/contact-us/contact-us.html

MOTO GUZZI RIPARARE

〒 168-0074 the Tokyo Suginami Ku Kami Takai door 3-2-23

TEL.03-3304-2562 FAX.03-3304-2561

Car & motorcycle: Under of capital city high has divided into the main lane and the measuring road, getting off the Takai door exit, directly, it is not attached before the store. Trouble being, ring turning with eight - Kousiyuu highway, that it receives, we ask.

Streetcar utilization: Walking each of them is about 10 minutes from the Keio line Yawata mountain station or the upper Kitazawa station. There is on an opposite side which put capital city high speed please cross over "substitution firm valuing" to the marker.

Fixed holiday: Every week Friday/every month first Saturday/celebration national holiday/end of year beginning of the year

Business hour: Am.10:00 - Pm.6:00

they even have some mgs01 in japan, wonder how much went there:

dc032828.jpg

Randy, don't know about the motorcycle shops there, but when we were stationed there in the 90's, the kids always liked to go to Hard Rock Cafe for the Tokyo specific souvenirs to share with family and friends. There are a great number of temples and shrines that make great culture exploration trips. Also if you happen to be there when the Auto Show is happening, I recommend it as a way to really get a look at some interesting vehicles as well as the differences in presentation from West to East. Believe you may be too late in season for Mt. Fuji, but that little hike is something many have enjoyed. We had a great time in our nearly three years living there and while I have only been able to get back once since, Japan still holds fond memories. You can get almost anywhere by train, and if you don't know the language (which we didn't), the locals are always glad to help you with directions...pick the high school age or younger folk to ask as they are more interested in practicing their english and less embarrassed by not knowing how to say something. I have actually stood on a train platform staring at the train/city map (while holding it upside down) and had a woman come up very politely, giggling -- turn my map right side up and then help me buy my ticket and get on to my destination. A great place.

Thats good to hear, the Hard Rock is on our list of places to drop by. So far we've found the subways and trains here amazingly easy to navigate...the addresses (or lack thereof) on the other hand not so much...

Unfortunately we are leaving the day the Auto Show starts :bbblll: Oh well.

Going to try and drop by a dealer today...Fukuda Motors.

Thanks for the links Paul, unfortunately for the first one we won't be able to get down to Yokohama this trip...bummer, looks like a lot of great accessories.

Randy

Very good!  I think I know what that area is.  There are a few blocks on the map up in the Ueno area marked "Motorcycle town."  I'll have to drop by there.  I talked with a BMW dealer that also sells Guzzi and have the address to that dealership as well.  Lots of bikes around here but haven't seen a single Guzzi yet.

Thanks,

Randy

63318[/snapback]

Yes - the Ueno area is the place. I visited it back, oh 15 or so years ago. very cool spot. Multi level shops that have a whole floor dedicated to helmets, then another floor for leathers then another floor for, well you get the idea. I'd allow a solid 3-4 hours to mingle around, sit and watch the world go by. I bet the place is crazy with Rossi stuff.

It was here I think I saw/heard an NSR750, the oval piston Honda street version of the race bike. It was a block away and it had a very different exhaust note. As I darted toward the sound, I saw the bike ride by at the end of the block, just a quick glimpse, so I'm not positive it was one. A rare bird, as I've never come across another after years of attending Laguna Seca and various road races. I guess I'll have to go to Barber to see another.

Guest Britcheflee

The whole family was there earlier this year - fantastic trip - if you can get up early go and see the Tokyo fish market - it is beyond description - got myself a good knife there as well - I didnt see one MG in the two weeks we were there but did see about 4 or 5 Ducatti - also a bunch of some really strange scooter type things which can best be described as colorful lazyboy chairs on two wheels.

We did Tokyo, Yokahama and Izu peninsular - I think I have about 200 pictures of food on my camera!!!

I am somewhat bummed out as I wish I had thought about asking the same question before I left - I also wanted to see any motorcycle museums but couldnt find any on the information we got.

Its a crowded clean safe and interesting place to visit - the schoolgirls in their tiny skirts are worth the trip alone!!!!

Lee

Guest Britcheflee

Couple of pics for you - if you have any specific questions please pm or e mail me and hopefully I can assist -

First pic is of Tuna at Tokyo fish market - as you can see the tail section has been cut off where they assess the quality of the flesh, they also open the stomach area and inspect that as the fatty part of the tuna in the lower part of the body is highly prized - there were some over 1,000 lbs - the volume of seafood going through the market daily is staggering and you wonder if there is going to be anything left in the future - can you imagine catching one of these on rod and reel!!

post-1974-1129475004_thumb.jpg

Guest Britcheflee

The tuna is bid on and swiftly transported out of the auction area - it is then cut down into various sections - or transported whole off site - some is smoked and shaved some cut whilst frozen or fresh like this....

post-1974-1129475144_thumb.jpg

Guest Britcheflee

It then goes all over so that greedy buggers like me can feast on it - actually this is not tuna - this is Kobe beef and we were in a Shabu Shabu restaurant where they bring raw ingredients such as this which you then place in a boiling bowl of broth heated on a burner at the table forget the idea that you dont get much food in Japan - I can eat and was stuffed by the time I finished this - for us clean living Californian residents the only drawback was the people smoking all around us - in fact the waiter at this restaurant was most concerned when us 'foreigners' turned up and told us a number of times that there would be smoking in the restaurant - after a couple of gallons of saki none of us cared.

post-1974-1129475394_thumb.jpg

Guest Britcheflee

Here is a more traditional meal at an Onsen or traditional Japanese Inn - this was one of many courses and once again we had more than enough food - at the Onsens you take time to bathe in the hot water coming from underground and each onsen takes particular pride in its food - they are often hundreds of years old

post-1974-1129475690_thumb.jpg

Thanks for scoop Lee,

We were planning on the fish market this morning but after running ourselves around for the last few days we overslept...oh well, maybe later this week.

As for the food, I can totally agree! The dinner we has last night at a Shabu-Shabu place in the Takashima Times Square was unbelievable :food: . It doesn't look like too much food but there are so many courses that I was stuffed.

Today...BikeTown! :bike:

Randy