K&N Pods

Guest mcloutier

Guest mcloutier

I have seen a lot of negative comments about K&N single pods on F.I. bikes on other sites/lists. I know that I will have to adjust the a/f ratio but I allready have a PC3. I also know that I will need to fabricate a velocity stack to keep the air flow smooth. I really love the look and sound of the pod filters. Any one have any real world experienace with pods on their Le Mans?

Thanks,

Guest jeremy

I use pod filters on my centauro, they work well, and I just removed the stock velocity stacks from the air box and used those because they are close to the correct lenght from the factory and slipped the pods over them. I used UNI filters though. Trust me though the intake makes ALOT more noise without the airbox! Gained a couple of HP also

:bier:

Ditto. I've got them on my V11 sport.

I've no complaints about the conversion and I don't have a PCIII. It also opens up the mid-section of the bike, because you have to remove the side panels.

:cheese:

I dig the cheese smile...

Jason

I believe I used the RU-0600 model K&N - did not fab velocity stacks, per se, but I yanked the intakes out of the airbox, trimmed off the flared end, and mounted the filters to that. Works well.