Anybody Going to the Classic Races @ Cartagena ?

Guest george in vancouver

Anybody headed to Cartagena Spain for the Classic Races November 26-27? After a whole summer flogging a floatplane for a fishing lodge in Alaska and blowing riding season out of the water, it's my consolation prize. Guzzi dominates the class there with round-barrels fitting the rule limits:

Here:

Cartagena Sept 05

And from the event 3 weeks ago:

http://epll.no-ip.com/fotos/cartagena05/page_01.htm

So if anybody plans to be there, get in touch. Sorting out places to stay, pit pass, where's the good eats, etc.

George in Vancouver BC

geodoc<at>telus.net

Anybody headed to Cartagena Spain for the Classic Races November 26-27? After a whole summer flogging a floatplane for a fishing lodge in Alaska and blowing riding season out of the water, it's my consolation prize. Guzzi dominates the class there with round-barrels fitting the rule limits:

Here:

Cartagena Sept 05

And from the event 3 weeks ago:

http://epll.no-ip.com/fotos/cartagena05/page_01.htm

So if anybody plans to be there, get in touch. Sorting out places to stay, pit pass, where's the good eats, etc.

George in Vancouver BC

geodoctelus.net

63456[/snapback]

This is just one more reason why I can't wait (maybe 5 more years max) until me and the missus can retire to Andalusia. We have friends on Cabo De Palo (retired bull fighter) who would make the perfect host to visit a race like this. Alas, I have to work for a living, for the time being.

Guest 2wheelin2dn

i'd be willing to try to make it down. i'm studying for the semester in West Wales, and i think cartagena would be doable. know of any cheap places to stay there? being a student doesn't exatly bring in the dough :bbblll: i'll figure out how easy it is to get there, and let you know. :helmet:

:rasta::2c: well come down for ours!australian historic road race championships,25-27 november, simmons plains tasmania. [i'm going] ciao gazza

Bloody hell, I wish!

Ciao, Steve G.

63488[/snapback]

Guest goffredo
Anybody headed to Cartagena Spain for the Classic Races November 26-27? 

November?? Nope. I am going every January and September for the Classic ENDURANCE Races.

See more photos of Classic Guzzis at Cartagena here: http://www.guzzisti.it/page_builder.php?fi...eventi_body.htm

Scroll down the menu till the Deccla races.

G.

Gasgonel Team

For Bischeros No Paradise

November?? Nope. I am going every January and September for the Classic ENDURANCE Races.

See more photos of Classic Guzzis at Cartagena here: http://www.guzzisti.it/page_builder.php?fi...eventi_body.htm

Scroll down the menu till the Deccla races.

G.

Gasgonel Team

For Bischeros No Paradise

63521[/snapback]

Hi G,

Plan to make it somewhat of a Guzzi tour (without the bike, sadly). Stop by Guzzi Motobox, Classic Co. & a couple motorcycle museums in the area. The main attraction is seeing these Segarra guys stomping the competition. Nobody seems to be able to touch them. Maybe the ability to flog the ass of a motorcycle is genetic? The there's a bit of wine instruction to do too. I've always maintained that wine should be red & Italian, but am open to being proved unduly prejudiced.

Got any tips for a good / cheap pension to stay at somewhere between Cartagena & Valencia? (my planned base-camp)

GD

Bloody hell, I wish!

Ciao, Steve G.

63488[/snapback]

Sigh !! :(

ln my dreams !!

l would love to go somewhere exotic/warm and watch :mg: 's kick the crap out of all the others :race:

Enjoy you lucky sob !! :D

lf you fly out of Campbell River get in touch with me, l can practically walk to the Spit and we could :drink: meet up and talk all things :mg:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Guest goffredo
Hi G,

Plan to make it somewhat of a Guzzi tour (without the bike, sadly). Stop by Guzzi Motobox, Classic Co. & a couple motorcycle museums in the area. The main attraction is seeing these Segarra guys stomping the competition. Nobody seems to be able to touch them. Maybe the ability to flog the ass of a motorcycle is genetic? The there's a bit of wine instruction to do too. I've always maintained that wine should be red & Italian, but am open to being proved unduly prejudiced.

Got any tips for a good / cheap pension to stay at somewhere between Cartagena & Valencia? (my planned base-camp)

GD

63532[/snapback]

Hi there, yes the Segarra family are quite something... Thankfully, every now and then they have the courtesy to crash their bikes so to let some other team win! :D

When we go normally we stay all at the Hotel Manolo in Cartagena (15 mins from the Track) or directly camping at the Paddock: cheaper! Ok, maybe not a five star accomodation but you have the feeling you are part of something nice and special.

Regarding the wine, I am Italian but I must admit that some French wines are second to none.

If you are planning to shop at Classic Co, ask of Mauro and tell them you are a friend of Anima Guzzista, he'll make you some special prices. Just please remember that Classic Co is in Madrid, quite far from Valencia and Cartagena.

Cheers,

G.

PS: ask Mauro to see if you can rent a Guzzi by them! Doing a Moto-tour in Spain without a motorbike is self punishment...