Limited series

G.POLEGATO

The Tenni series start at numer 0 and go to 170, production started in october 2001 and ended in January 2002.

Is a great ideas to create a model registry.

Tenni owners please contact me. Giovanni Polegato :bier:

g.polegato@libero.it

:mg:

If you want you can create the registry on this board. I can password protect it too, if you don't want it to be public.

63464[/snapback]

Dear Jaap,the public registry isn't a problem, i start with my bike bought in High Tech Garage (Moto Guzzi official dealer)in Pieve di Soligo - Treviso Italy on January 9 2002. The bike is the #60,now with 20000 km.

Great job on the new section!

T128 and I just got home from San Diego on Friday- what a ride! No problems at all, and that includes an hour and a half, high speed cruise up higway 395 trying to get to Lone Pine before night fall! Now if only the weather holds out for a few more rides this weekend... :race:

Great job on the new section!

T128 and I just got home from San Diego on Friday- what a ride! No problems at all, and that includes an hour and a half, high speed cruise up higway 395 trying to get to Lone Pine before night fall! Now if only the weather holds out for a few more rides this weekend... :race:

63527[/snapback]

Hallo Felix,have you a interest in Tenni Registry creation?

Contact me and write all about your bike. Best Regard

Giovanni Polegato #60

g.polegato@libero.it

:mg:

Hi all,

HOW MANY TENNI'S PRODUCED ?? :huh2:

Good question <_ l was told by my dealer src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_homer.gif" alt=":homer:"> ) l was told by MG USA 150, l've been in touch with # 165 who told me that the production was 150 and then increased to 165, and now our friend in ltaly tells me 170!!!! :D

So l figure that 165-170 IS the number,.........a pretty exclusive production run don't ya think??

l will be posting the list of Tenni owners l've found so far this evening, ( that work thing getting in the way of my more serious pursuits :bbblll: )

:bier:

Cheers,

Van

ps. This is GREAT :thumbsup: to have a spot just about Tenni's :wub: , on this fantastic forum, again, thanks Jaap.. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Um, what exactly is the deal with the Tenni, I mean can someone x-pane it to me, don't get me wrong I like the scheme but whats with the white circle? and does this hark back to something???

68474[/snapback]

Come on Ben :!: Dont you remember back in the 50's when :mg: used to race competetively?lol I guess you dont remember the v8 green goose that won a few races. Oh btw the winner of those races, his name was Tenni. You have to do your research my man :D

Come on Ben :!: Dont you remember back in the 50's when  :mg: used to race competetively?lol I guess you dont remember the v8 green goose that won a few races. Oh btw the winner of those races, his name was Tenni. You have to do your research my man  :D

68476[/snapback]

Hmmm the 50's you say? my grandfather was about 10 years old. I doubt he'd even remember something like that.

I wouldn't mind watchin some of those old old races. :bier:

You want exclusive? MGNA created two specialty V11 Sports in 2001, the CF and the TT. 15 of each. Not too big a deal really. The TT is basically a silver V11 Sport with a black tank and seat cowl and the CF had a bunch of carbon fiber bits but I don't recall what the paint scheme was. MG is really kind of good at this game. 32 blue Sport 1100's. 200 Sport Corsas and so forth. The Guzzidom analog of a Dodge Daytona or Charger or whatever. At least the Tenni's are readily identifiable as such. So are the Scuras, Corsa Rosso, Corsa Negro, Rosso Mandello. Just enough different to qualify as unique without departing too far from the norm. As if any Guzzi would be in the norm compared to far eastern iron or even the Teutonic showboats. Makes you wonder why anyone with an American two wheeled Wurlitzer Barco lounger would consider themselves and their bikes "unique" when they're producing literally hundreds of thousands of them each year.

callison!

Greatings friend!!

nice to see that there are Guzzists that understand!! :thumbsup:

ln spite of the feud between the Tenni's :helmet: and the Scura's :ninja: (they are so desperate for attention) you are absolutelly 100% freek'n right on!! All V11's are very special!!

l share your view of the two wheeled Winnibago's :vomit: and the Harley :angry: bad boys.....sigh, we can only feel sorry for them

Cheers

Van

Hmmm the 50's you say? my grandfather was about 10 years old. I doubt he'd even remember something like that.

I wouldn't mind watchin some of those old old races.  :bier:

68478[/snapback]

Hi DeBenGuzzi !!

welcome to the Tenni :sun: side of the street!

The Tenni was produced as a tribute to Moto Guzzi's most famous racer from their glory days. The mans name was "Omobono Tenni", nicknamed "Bonomin" ("Good Man") and was, amoung other very impressive things, the first ltalian to win at the lsle of Man. The unique paint scheme is a modern representation of the great :mg: racers of the past. Green fairings, alloy (silver) tanks, the white number plate rondel, and the famous suede seat. lf l wasn't such an idiot on the computer l'd add a pic of one of the old racers with the "dustbin" fairing for your viewing pleasure...

(The painting l did that l use on the Tenni Registry uses a representation of the old style Guzzi racers in the background)

Try Duke video for some great old racer movies, and they even have one showing one of the 2 running MG V-8 racers doing a parade lap at the lsle of Man some years ago (and the poor rider stuffing it into the haybayles) !!

Cheers

Van