Fading Paint--The Red Green Show

Guest SDGuzzi

Guest SDGuzzi

Hello all. I just bought a 2000 V11 Sport in chartreuse green (I'm sure it has some better Italian name than that) with a red frame and side plates that the footpeg, controls, etc. attach to. On one side of the bike, the plate has faded (sun?) to a kind of salmon pink color. Other side looks fine. I probably don't want to buy a new one of these to correct the problem, since I assume that it is an expensive piece. Anyone had any experience with painting or powdercoating these or any way of solving this problem? I also am looking for some matching green paint to paint a small fairing for this bike. Anybody know a source for the paint or a color code that could be used? Just got the bike yesterday and took a nice 175 mile spin on it. Those Tergomini pipes sound sweeeet! Last question. Anyone know a source for some flourescent type paint to repaint the needles on the gauges? :homer: Thanks all.

theres a thread on the Technical forum that explores this; Bleeched paint. welcome to the faded club... :rasta:

EDIT: for fluorescent paint in tiny quantities, try model shops.