coppa italia or rosso mandello?

wheelsucker

Am looking at a 2002 Rosso Mandello but also a 2004 ballabio or coppa italia. Can someone inform me of the big differences and which if either is better? I have another bike and used to ride an SV650 but this would be my first Guzzi. Thanks.

Rosso Mandello : 300 numbered models made plus some un-numbered. Marzocchi forks are OK but not great. Very unique colours. I really enjoy mine.

Ballabio : Similar suspension but longer frame. I have not ridden one but some claim it is more stable with improved geometry (my Rosso handles just fine - no problems).

Coppa Italia : Ohlins suspension and may have performance exhaust and ECU. If it does it will be more powerful. I wish I could have those bits on my Rosso.

The Coppa has a better Ohlins suspension system. The Rosso is better looking IMO lol. I have a Rosso Mandello & I really like it a lot. If I were to do it over again I'd get a LeMans with the full fairing. The Rosso Corsa has the Ohlins suspension + the full fairing making it the best v11 lemans you can buy (if you can find one).

I've got a Rosso Mandello and I love it!! The color is unique,carbon fiber goodies all stock.With that said its not without a few minor issues.There was a transmission recall on the shifter sleeves, hopefully this was fixed under warranty,a few also had bubbling paint on some motors just a cosmetic thing doesn't bother me.As Jim and Rich says the Coppa does have the upgraded suspension.Keep this in mind these bikes love to be ridden hard and its so good for the soul.Is price going to be a factor?used bike verses newer etc.Again these bikes are definitely head turners and that sweet sound no other bike has!Good Luck