Guzzi Shop Stand

Dr Gil

Also my tumble-down garage doesn't have a tiled floor or large art on the walls.  :P

63698[/snapback]

Dang dottore! Your luck's got to change soon!

I too noticed the difference between American vs European garages. American garages might have a Daisy Duke poster or a Budweiser sign while the Euro version has Picassos :D

• 1 month later...

OH DEAR! we had one of these in the workshop.i used it twice,both times i took paint off the bike. i now use a normal paddock stand ( with innertube wrapped around the lifting plates) and a flat jack to go under the engine if i want the front wheel out...we have never bought any more of these stands...they are crap..there is no arguing about them...i GAVE it away . :mg:

The ABBA stand works in a very simlar way to the Guzzi stand, but because it uses tapered pins into the swingarm mount it can't lose its purchase on the bike the way the Guzzi stand can. It is also wider and more stable. I think its the superior design, and as the cost is similar to the Guzzi stand its a no brainer.

Also (heaven forbid) if you ever leave the v11 fold for another bike, the Abba can still be useful, not so the Guzzi stand. :2c:

• 1 month later...

I downloaded a photo of the guzzi stand and took it to a friend rides a cali and is a bit handy with the tools. Knocked one up in a day with a bit of anything lying around, pipe and flat steel some old steel wheels, widened it a bit, tried the prototype snipped a bit here and there and voila. Could do the highland fling on the bike once it was mounted and doesn't even look like falling.

Regards damaging the nuts or paint, just cut 2 x 1'' lengths of 3/4'' black poly pipe and nick the ends so they can be flaired up beside the paint work and just push onto nuts each time you need to use the jack. Protects and makes bike more stable.

To get a bit of extra height, run bike onto 2 bits of 3/4"" ply, put bike lifter under first bit lift bike and pull out 2nd sheet, you've gained an extra 3/4"" and made it easier to remove back wheel.

To remove front just put workshop jack under front of crankcaqse and lift front a bit, still remains stable and front wheel is easy to remove.

hope this helps, morris

:2c: --_ 85 t5 850.. :rasta: [no sentiment]

I downloaded a photo of the guzzi stand and took it to a friend rides a cali and is a bit handy with the tools. Knocked one up in a day with a bit of anything lying around, pipe and flat steel some old steel wheels, widened it a bit, tried the prototype snipped a bit here and there and voila. Could do the highland fling on the bike once it was mounted and doesn't even look like falling.

Regards damaging the nuts or paint, just cut 2 x 1'' lengths of 3/4'' black poly pipe and nick the ends so they can be flaired up beside the paint work and just push onto nuts each time you need to use the jack. Protects and makes bike more stable.

To get a bit of extra height, run bike onto 2 bits of 3/4"" ply, put bike lifter under first bit lift bike and pull out 2nd sheet, you've gained an extra 3/4"" and made it easier to remove back wheel.

To remove front just put workshop jack under front of crankcaqse and lift front a bit, still remains stable and front wheel is easy to remove.

hope this helps, morris

74763[/snapback]

:2c:  --_  85 t5  850.. :rasta: [no sentiment]

74765[/snapback]

Ahh sentiment is only for the feable minded, RT. Besides I'm sure the new owner would find the workshop stand useful as well ie. if he ever needs to work on it. Which he won't, sic.

Onwards and upwards :bbblll:

I've been using a Pit Bull stand in ressurrecting my crashed Billy Bob. Works great. Available from the mfr. or MI.

We got in a Coppa with minor scratches on the tank and fairing yesterday, so Billy might re-emerge dressed in Coppa colors. Alas, the Ohlins forks were not scratched. . .

I've been using a Pit Bull stand in ressurrecting my crashed Billy Bob. Works great. Available from the mfr. or MI.

We got in a Coppa with minor scratches on the tank and fairing yesterday, so Billy might re-emerge dressed in Coppa colors. Alas, the Ohlins forks were not scratched. . .

74786[/snapback]

I have wondered if I am using the Pit Bull stand correctly on my B'io.

Do you remove the [stand by for techspeak] plastic cover gizmos and rest axle nuts in the PB red-plastic-covered L brackets or what?

Seems a PITA to remove every time; on the bright side, it's about the only wrenching I can do without adult supervision. :D

Will stop by M-I on Fri, 27 Jan; hope to see you (and your evolving Billy).

Bill

P.S. I have been asked to pick up 2 Guzziology's and 10 sets of your special o-ring sets. Is that something you folks have in stock or should I order for p/u at store? Sorry to intrude here with business, but I seized the moment. :rolleyes: