replacement windshield

bigbikerrick

the windshield on the carbon fiber fairing on my v 11 sport( same fairing as on the rosso mandello,and scura I think) has developed some cracke at the mounting holes, does anyone know if anyone makes an aftermarket replacement windshield for this fairing, or can I only get it through moto guzzi? thanks. :)

the windshield on the carbon fiber fairing on my v 11 sport( same fairing as on the rosso mandello,and scura I think) has developed some cracke at the mounting holes, does anyone know if anyone makes an aftermarket replacement  windshield for this fairing, or can I only get it through moto guzzi? thanks. :)

63667[/snapback]

Try this.

http://www.bikescreen.com/

thanks for the link Dean I checked with them, they only have a replacement screen for the older stucchi fairings,on the v 11 sports.. :(

63736[/snapback]

Did you talk to him or just do the web page?

I have heard if you send him your shield he can duplicate it or make you a taller one.

Did you talk to him or just do the web page?

I have heard if you send him your shield he can duplicate it or make you a taller one.

63751[/snapback]

I called him , he did say they can duplicate the screen if I send him the broken one and as you say make it taller, etc. sounds like an excellent company, I found a new original from MPH cycles for $89. and decided to go with that since they had it in stock. It wouldnt be a bad idea to have gustaffson make a duplicate in different heights for future needs though..... :D

My bike had a cracked screen at one of the mounting holes when I got it and checking, I found the mounting screws overly tight. After getting a new screen I added two washers to each mountng screw, one plastic next to the screen itself and a stainless one to act as a bearing surface for the acorn nut. Then used blue Loctite to secure the moderately tight nut instead of mucho force.

To date that seems to work.

My bike had a cracked screen at one of the mounting holes when I got it and checking, I found the mounting screws overly tight.  After getting a new screen I added two washers to each mountng screw, one plastic next to the screen itself and a stainless one to act as a bearing surface for the acorn nut.  Then used blue Loctite to secure the moderately tight nut instead of mucho force.

To date that seems to work.

63756[/snapback]

Thanks. TX . I will follow your advice as soon as the new screen arrives.

Be carefull using loctite around these screens. Some plastics have a bad reaction and start cracks around the hole even when there is little pressure on the fastener.

Wick

Be carefull using loctite around these screens. Some plastics have a bad reaction and start cracks around the hole even when there is little pressure on the fastener.

Wick

63790[/snapback]

Good point, Wick. I was careful on that having seen the same thing. I applied the Loctite sparingly just to the first 2 threads.

Wick

63790[/snapback]

Thanks Wick. Im almost positive the reaction with loctite is what cracked mine. I put on quite a bit of loctite and it was fine for 24 hours then a bunch of cracks developed , the loctite spread in the cracks and turnrd the smoked plastic red inside the cracks. I wonder if a drop of superglue would be better to keep the bolts from vibrating loose..... :nerd:

Guest ratchethack
the loctite spread in the cracks and turnrd the smoked plastic red  inside the cracks.

Ack! Loctite red is really tough stuff, intended to be used only for studs and bearings. Blue is for "moderate" applications - in other words, "all other".

Ack!  Loctite red is really tough stuff, intended to be used only for studs and bearings.  Blue is for "moderate" applications - in other words, "all other".

63839[/snapback]

Actually I used the blue loctite, but it reacted with the plastic and turned the cracks a reddish color.