MyStockECU

quazi-moto

Well, I received the My15M, but it didn't work so I contacted Cliff and he sent me a fix for it. I haven't had a chance yet to try the fix since I'm a little hardware challenged at the moment. I either have to get my hands on a laptop or a really long network cable that I can run out the window and onto the sidewalk so I'm stuck for the moment. In the meantime I tried something just for the heck of it. When I replaced the TPS with the Harley type sensor I left the PCIIIusb unit connected, never bothering to try the new TPS with the stock ECU. After a failed attempt with the My15M unit I decided to leave the Power Commander disconnected from the stock ECU. Just for sh*tz 'n' grinz I took the bike out for a ride and lo & behold it ran better without the PCIII. Steady tickover, good pull in the low RPM range and no surging or missing between 3500-4000 RPM. It runs better than when it was new! I took a voltage reading off the old TPS before I removed it and it was only showing about 400mv at idle. When I installed the new 'Harley' version I set the base voltage (butterflies closed) at 150mv and adjusted the right butterfly until I obtained a reading of about 510mv. For some reason I didn't even think of running the bike with just the stock ECU until now. I can't believe how much better it runs. If the My15M is even better than I will be one happy Guzzi owner! I'll post results ASAP.