V11 ballibio

Guest hyper

Guest hyper

I was looking on www.motoguzzi-us.com website and I see that Guzzi has finally realized that people want a better riding position on their V11 sports. The new V11 ballibio has a different bar setup. If anyone out there has some better pictures or more info on this setup please post it.

Thanks, Hyper

From reading the specs it appears the difference is 3 inches in handlebar height. The Le Mans/sport is normally a little over 36 inches, the new one is a little over 39 inches. Certainly a step in the right direction for riding in the good ol' US of A.

Along those lines I was at my local BMW dealer yesterday, and the owner and I got to talking about the differences in riding positions that Europeans seem to like vs the more "relaxed" riding position that is popular here. He said his district rep told him about 2 of BMW's engineers that came over from Germany to try to figure out why many Americans desire different ergos from the Europeans, and how to accomplish it. They got on a couple of bikes (he didn't know what model) and rode from Chicago to Sturgis, or something like that, within 2 days. Apparently it just about wiped them out. They had no concept of the distances we travel, and the fact that in many parts of our country you are just sitting there, in one position for hours on end because the roads are so straight. They are used to tighter, twistier roads that keep the rider moving around on the bike most of the time.

I guess it's something to think about the next time you get asked why you would bother to change the clip-ons :)

Buck

Guest hyper

I just checked out the cafe racer bars and mounts. Does any one know who makes these parts. Are they quzzi or the after market? Thanks

Spiegler makes the handlebars, MG (and others) make the clamps. I have some pics on my website, here's one of them. Cost has been about $250 (without looking at receipts).

Cheers,

Jason

Guest hyper

Hello Jason, did you notice a change in vibration levels? Also I notice that you don't have your mirrors on. Did you change them to anther style because they are prone to vibration more than other styles? Thanks