Bike Rental-Isle of Man

Dr Gil

My wife and I will be traveling to the U.K. next April ('06). While we have visited Britain many times this will be our first time traveling to the Isle of Man and to Ireland.

We're planning 2 or 3 days on the IOM and while there would very much like to fulfill a longtime dream of riding the TT course...on two wheels naturally. :race:

What I'm hoping for is that some of our members here on this forum, who live a bit closer to the area might have some "insider knowledge" of places that may be able to supply what I need. What I am looking for is somewhere, on the Isle of Man (I would rather not rent in Britain and deal with the ferry ride on this trip), to rent a couple of bikes and necessary gear (we will be traveling by rental car for most of the trip and are packing accordingly). We're not being fussy about the type of bikes we would be renting...any brand, any model, any size. So far we're pretty much been limited to web searches to find such rental places and have not found much so far. I do have a couple of shops that were given to me over on the ST.N site and am chasing them down (international phoning is sometimes challenging). :stupid:

Any and all help will be gratefully received!

My wife and I will be traveling to the U.K. next April ('06).  While we have visited Britain many times this will be our first time traveling to the Isle of Man and to Ireland.... What I'm hoping for is that some of our members here on this forum, who live a bit closer to the area might have some "insider knowledge" of places that may be able to supply what I need.  What I am looking for is somewhere, on the Isle of Man (I would rather not rent in Britain and deal with the ferry ride on this trip), to rent a couple of bikes and necessary gear (we will be traveling by rental car for most of the trip and are packing accordingly)....

64233[/snapback]

Ballacraine? This would seem to be up your alley!

:D

I'd think you'd have a *much* simpler time of it renting in London or some other big city [Dublin?] and then taking the ferry. It seems quite likely to me that you may save enough on the rental prices to pay for the ferry, but the fact that the IoM is so motorcycle favorable, it's also extremely likely that you can find a rental there, provided it's not actually TT week, when I'm sure the available bikes are all booked solid!

Best of luck, & enjoy your trip! [/jealous]

:bier: