Buddy Doing Fisrt Service, Hose And Clamp Question

CafeMan

Hey All,

My "computer, what's that?" Nero Corsa mechanically inclined buddy is in the process of doing his first service, including fitting new air filter, power commanderIII, crossover and FBF carbon system. He's looking at the hoses on the fuel tank, and I guess he's never run across these type clamp(s) before. In order to remove the tank to do all that needs doing, Is there a ceratin way to undo the clamps at the tank without breaking anything? Or do you remove them at the throttle bodies. I'm not sure if he has the service manual or not, but if not, I will drill him to get one on cd-rom. Anyone offer those from this site? Any other useful tips to make things easier would be greatly appreciated! :bier:

The two fuel lines have quick connect fittings. The approved method is to push together to take up the slack and then pull apart. Mine didn't quite work out this way and by using an open ended spanner I was able to put a touch of leverage which ment they just popped straight off.

If you do a search you should find a couple of threads including one with pictures of the underside of the fuel pump.

You need to make sure that they go back on fully, there has been one reported case where ones popped of in use

There are also two electrical connector blocks, to do first, and when the tanks 1/2 up one or two breather hoses that push on to nipples ion the underside of the tank

Hey All,

My "computer, what's that?" Nero Corsa mechanically inclined buddy is in the process of doing his first service, including fitting new air filter, power commanderIII, crossover and FBF carbon system. He's looking at the hoses on the fuel tank, and I guess he's never run across these type clamp(s) before. In order to remove the tank to do all that needs doing, Is there a ceratin way to undo the clamps at the tank without breaking anything? Or do you remove them at the throttle bodies. I'm not sure if he has the service manual or not, but if not, I will drill him to get one on cd-rom. Anyone offer those from this site? Any other useful tips to make things easier would be greatly appreciated! :bier:

64239[/snapback]

Exactly as Martin said. When you put the tank back down or on, make sure that the fuel lines aren't rubbing against or resting on the rocker covers: use cable ties to tidy everything away from hot engine bits: the factory seems to have been sloppy in this area when assembling bikes [but then I do have a 2002 model!]