Tenni Pawl Springs

Orson

Guest Jan Roelofsen
My Tenni has 42,200 km / 26,375 miles with the original pawl spring.

Have any Tenni owners suffered a pawl spring failure?

Of course, I've probably jinxed myself by posting this :(

64310[/snapback]

Mine broke at 15000 km. The reason for breaking is that the spring is fitted to tight.

Jan Roelofsen

Well, I got mine with 10,000 on the clock, and have put on another 3800 or so since I got it in September. I'm pretty sure PO didn't have any problems, as he didn't mention it during the passdown, so I'm gonna say "no", mine hasn't failed (yet??) but I'll probably pull it this winter and check the measurement. It's possible that this run of 160-ish bikes wasn't affected-wouldn't that be nice?!? :)

:mg: Greetings Fellow Tennisti !!!!!! :mg:

Maybe its because our bikes ARE special :grin:

That would be great :D but l don't think we're immune, :wacko:

Jan, a new Tenni owner (#156) from Holland just got his and had a failure :bbblll:

So far all l've heard negative is a set of rear wheel bearings and a small oil leak at the timing cover from Orson #060, mine, #125, had a wierd starting problem, (and embarising) fixed by simply pulling the clutch switch wire up toward the handle, giving it a little more slack, and then 2 weeks ago, on what has seemed the last dry day since, as l started the beast, l noticed it smelling VERY rich, l had freek'n GASOLINE pouring all over the x-over.......made me very nervous to say the least. All l have found was the fuel hose from the tank was loose and leaking like crazy. tightened it up and no more problem.....still, makes me wonder about the other connections.

Any other Tenni :luigi: stories ??

:bier:

Cheers

Van

i've had my tenni(0013) for nearly 2 years and no spring needed (yet) had a couple of small problems though all sorted under warranty ,had 2 sets of clocks due to misting in rain(they still do but can't be bothered anymore) and my forks changed due to gold coming off,bonus was they couldnt get any marzocci forks so fitted a full set of ohlins goldline forks and new carbon mudguard :D so i'm a very happy :mg: bunny

cheers

griff

So far, I've had a battery light that kept coming on (bad grounds, relays), a nuetral light that stays on, and the right fork has a little of the gold starting to rub off. Other than that, no problems to speak of. Oh, and the engine case paint is bubbling. Nothing mechanical so far, but I'll probably start preventitive type fixes this winter to be safe. :thumbsup:

mine has had its share of problems with 15,000 miles

computer replaced twice

vapor lock stranding me 3 times in one day .in miami, happened 6 times .

oil leaks all over

tranny leak

gold rubbing off in front fork

paint bubbling --replaced with new case

high,very high oil consumption due to improper alignment of cylinder rings fixed when replaced engine case

front tire buckling (or is it bucking ? )all the time

going on 3 rd set

red danger light coming on when it rains.

now what is this about a spring coming loose ?????

i am serious ,what is it ?

thank you

now what is this about a spring coming loose ?????

65106[/snapback]

Fernando,

Look in the Frequently Asked Questions Section for the topic:

Transmission Spring Failure FAQ

Topic Starter: Al Rothlesberger

thank you . i looked it up and on my way to get the updated part or a new bmw or maybe harley.

ff

65181[/snapback]

Hey Fernando !! :D

bad luck with some of the troubles :( , but.......to replace your beautiful Tenni with a BMW :wacko: (nice bike, but NO soul dude ) and a :huh2: Harley :huh2:

you need to get that bike fitted with some nice sounding pipes, (like the Mistral oval Carbon Fibers) and get out there on a nice bit of twisty tarmac......... :race:

all will then be put into the right perspective :thumbsup:

This IS going to be a perfect spot for us Tennista as it will focus 100% on our bikes!!!!!

:bier:

Cheers

Van

i have another question and maybe some of you can answer it.

in the al r. post he mentions that the afflicted or affected bikes (your choice of word ) fall in the following serial numbers

kt111435- ks112350

now ,my teni is krx2m114672

where do i fall in the range ........am i in range or out of it ?

thank you

fernando

My pawl spring broke in Austria, with about 3000 miles on the clock. The bike was only a month old though. Since then, a front fork leak, which I think happened after hitting a roundabout head on in France(don't ask), And also, what can only be described as hiccupping at high revs, once in a blue moon. Possibly a fuel injection problem? anyway it doesn't do it anymore. The veglia instruments do mist up, but it's a common thing, and harmless. And my trip meter has never worked.

My pawl spring broke in Austria, with about 3000 miles on the clock. The bike was only a month old though. Since then, a front fork leak, which I think happened after hitting a roundabout head on in France(don't ask), And also, what can only be described as hiccupping at high revs, once in a blue moon. Possibly a fuel injection problem? anyway it doesn't do it anymore. The veglia instruments do mist up, but it's a common thing, and harmless. And my trip meter has never worked.

65573[/snapback]

How/why did you hit a roundabout head on in France?