Removing bar ends

bigbikerrick

I would like to add some lead shot in my handlebars to reduce vibrations, My jell grips help, but my hands still go numb after about 30 minutes. I have removed the round ,black end, but how do I remove the rest of the insert so I can add the lead to the open pipe? Thanks! :luigi:

I would like to add some lead shot in my handlebars to reduce vibrations, My jell grips help, but my hands still go numb after about 30 minutes. I have removed the round ,black end, but how do I remove the rest of the insert so I can add the lead to the open pipe? Thanks! :luigi:

64313[/snapback]

Have you considered throttlemeister heavy bar end weights (with cruise control)?

I put them on mine and now the vibes are bearable. No more numb fingers or hands.

Rocketman

64313[/snapback]

I pulled the stock bar-ends of my 2000 V-11 sport and found that the inner part of the handle-bar was threaded and accepted the thread from the bar-end weight. It seemed as that was all that was in the bar... :huh2:

I swapped them for Aprilia bar-end weights which are much larger and heavier. That damped the vibration a lot. :luigi:

I havent seen them, how do they work?

64319[/snapback]

Go to the throttlmeister web page and read all about em. I actually purchased mine from I-bike.com. They were a little cheaper. I think I paid $139.00 shipped. You will appreciate the cruise control. They come in 2 flavors 12oz. and 14oz. Make sure you get the heavy ones.

Rocketman

I pulled the stock bar-ends of my 2000 V-11 sport and found that the inner part of the handle-bar was threaded and accepted the thread from the bar-end weight.  It seemed as that was all that was in the bar... :huh2:

I swapped them for Aprilia bar-end weights which are much larger and heavier.  That damped the vibration a lot. :luigi:

64331[/snapback]

There is a carbon set for sale in the advertisements section. That would help to keep the overall weight of your bikes :P

Hubert

Go to the throttlmeister web page and read all about em.  I actually purchased mine from I-bike.com.  They were a little cheaper.  I think I paid $139.00 shipped.  You will appreciate the cruise control.  They come in 2 flavors 12oz. and 14oz.  Make sure you get the heavy ones.

Rocketman

64349[/snapback]

Thanks, for the link, looks like a good product. and x-mas is coming! Hehehe.