small fuel leak at the bottom of the thottle body

svjj

hey I need help with a part. I have a 2000 v11s and it seem that I have developed a fuel drip off the bottom of the throttle body. I found the problem it seems to be a very small seal located where the throttle linkage connects to the bottom of the throttle body. the shaft that come out of the bottom of the throttle body there is a small seal there. no dealers that I have delt with can help me. Does any body know what I am looking for or a part # ?

thanks J.J.

svjj@earthlink.net

I put my bike back together this morning and after I had fired it up to check everything out, I noticed a drip of fuel on the starter after I had turned it off. My first thought was a leaking fuel hose (I had the fuel tank off). Upon further investigation, I found it was from the throttle body. My guess is that the injectors do leak a little with the bike off. The fuel drips out of the injector and into the throttle body and then out the throttle shaft. I checked the other side and it was also wet. So, is this normal for a Guzzi? :not: I also have a 00 V11Sport and I have never seen this in 15,000 mile plus or minus a few thousand (speedo still inop and waiting forever for parts).

Mike

I have seen this problem on most of the FI Guzzis and Ducatis as well.

My own has a slight weep occassionally from the right TB. My theory is that heat expands the fuel in the system after shutdown and it weeps past the injector and dribbles out the low point. It seems to be common and varies in how bad it is from bike to bike.

Perhaps running some FI Sytem cleaner like Gumout thru it will clean the pintle valve and prevent drips? Worth trying.

I complained to my dealer of this problem saying, ' let's replace an o-ring or the right injector.' He says 'no, the fix is to replace the whole rack ' (both throttle bobies, injectors, linkage and TPS). The 'rack' won't come out without lifting the frame off the drive line. Once refitted the right throttle body still dripped.

I have to give MGNA and the dealer credit for trying to please me, replacing the whole rack. As it turns out the drip is aggravated by brief on-off modes. (Like cranking up to listen to the exhaust music or for some reason turning the key on without starting). In normal operation very little leak is apparent. It is important not to pressurize the FI system without a normal ride.

• Thanks 1