PIAA bulb feedback.

Guest Britcheflee

Guest Britcheflee

Changed out the bulb on my bike yesterday - purchased the rather expensive PIAA X-treme white plus H4 60/55 W but with 110/100 W illumination - To me there is a significant difference between this bulb and the original - I am mainly looking to get 'noticed' as I prefer not to ride at night that much - and the light certainly is more sharp and crisp than the previous bulb. As I have the Grey Ballabio the bluish tinge also is complimentary to the overall hue of the bike!!

In previous posts there was some concern about power output on the bikes for electrics - do these bikes suffer from weak power systems?

Lee

weak is a relative term.

I am pretty sure alot of bikes have weaker charging systems.

We do have a bigger starter on our bike than most, so the battery MUST be mostly charged.

A few people have added electric grips and vest without problems, but that is probably getting close to risking dead batteries, especially in city driving.

depending on load, the charging system needs about 2-3000 rpms before it charges the battery(to find out exactly, hook up a volt meter, apply load and if you are getting less than 12.8volts you are losing charge and rev it till you get more than 13volts, that is about where you need to try to keep the rpms above, or to recharge the battery you will want to keep the rpms where you get maximum voltage readings.).

In amps, the bike puts out about ~9A at idle, ~15A at 1500rpms, ~20A at 2000RPM, ~23A at 3000RPM, and peaks at ~27A at redline.

My guess is the stock load with low beam and engine on, is about 20A, a volt meter could confirm????

And since your headlight is rated the same as OEM, you need not worry.