V11 in BUFFALO??

Guest MGMAYB

Hello:

I am in Buffalo, NY, and new to Moto Guzzi's (always rode BMW's). I am interested in a MG-V11 Sport, but have never seen one, sat on one, Felt one run, ridden one, etc. Is there any one in Buffalo, NY with on eof these bikes who would not mind me coming to see it? Or, I will be in Lake Placid this weekend if anyone from that area reads this...

Any comparisons in terms of riding position and riding experience to a BMW R1100S or R1150R would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hello:

I am in Buffalo, NY, and new to Moto Guzzi's (always rode BMW's).  I am interested in a MG-V11 Sport, but have never seen one, sat on one, Felt one run, ridden one, etc.  Is there any one in Buffalo, NY with on eof these bikes who would not mind me coming to see it?  Or, I will be in Lake Placid this weekend if anyone from that area reads this...

Any comparisons in terms of riding position and riding experience to a BMW R1100S or R1150R would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

65438[/snapback]

Is not Uncommon Motorcycles in Northeast, Pa. (your side of Erie) in striking distance of Buffalo.

http://www.uncommonmotorcycles.com/

I stop in there when I'm in Erie to visit in-laws :o , and they seem like good folks.

No help with your beemer-compo questions. I was born a German, but, aside from my Polish wife, prefer virtually all other Euro things to be Italian [well, OK, mebbe French champagne, and English ... etc.] :D

Hello:

I am in Buffalo, NY, and new to Moto Guzzi's (always rode BMW's).  I am interested in a MG-V11 Sport, but have never seen one, sat on one, Felt one run, ridden one, etc.  Is there any one in Buffalo, NY with on eof these bikes who would not mind me coming to see it?  Or, I will be in Lake Placid this weekend if anyone from that area reads this...

Thanks!

65438[/snapback]

I live a hour north of Syracuse just south of Watertown (Rodman) It could be on your way to Lake Placid if you take 81 to 3.. Be glad to toss you the keys of a 02 Lemans.... As long as you not too rough on her (she's getting new tires for Christmas!) :grin:

PM me if you want to work something out, :race:

re. Riding position; difficult to say for all v11s but I think it is safe to say, the V-11 Sports/Lemans are certainly not as relaxed as a R1150R and a bit closer to the R1100S. Balabio, Copa Italia and other Nekid styles with handle bars are closer to the R. All have same foot location which is a little higher and tucked than the Bemmers. Some models have Olin suspensions and other Marz-Sach/White Power set ups. Some compain about passenger tighness of the v-11 too. There are limitted after market solutions but there are work arounds for most complaints (bars, pegs, pillion). Not all are perfect but there are plenty of very happy v-11 riders. I think the heart and bluntness of an air-cooled liter V twin still exist in the guzzi vs. the very refined Bmr. There are several former and current BMW riders here that will probably pile on and better answer some of your questions.

p.s. There is a Guzzi group in Rochester that I can put you in touch with if you want to check them out there too. If you take 90 to Utica Rome before taking 12 north to Placid, there is a dealer there that might have a couple left on the floor (he was selling them off on eBay??).

i sold my R1150R, and found myself a V11. technically superior that the beemer might be, it is seriously lacking in the charisma department. on shorter runs i found it to be a bit boring.

i also found the seat on the 1150r to be veeeery uncomfortable for me on long runs, one hour and my bum needed a bump start... probably because its engineered for someone about 175-180 cms long, and i am 190; to long in the arm led to an uncomfortably upright position. the Rockster is probably better.

there is a curious highfrequency vibration in the beemer that wear you out after three-four hours. but it went well, started always, and the brakes was just incredible, and i liked the look of it. and i covered more ground on that one in an hour than on any other bike i tried. its effortless, really.

the V11 is different. it makes you feel like a hero even when you're doing 40 mph. its gloriously mechanical, brutal and different. it has interesting flaws, like flaking paint. it makes you think about what you are doing and driving it is verrrry involving indeed. it goes like stink, as long as you rev it. and i actually think its much more comfy than my beemer on long runs, somehow. its kinder on the bum, its stable, and the clipons create a perfect position for long highspeed jaunts. the v11 vibrations is violent when driving slow, but it smoothes out, and you get used to it. the only thing that i dont really like is the flexing in corners, but i have learned that it CAN be dealt with...

but its not really finished, so like a HD one should be prepared to tinker with it until it suits you. it is so simple that you actually CAN tinker with it. so if you want effortless hitech transport, you go for beemer, if you want to RIDE a bike you go italian.

i sold my R1150R, and found myself a V11. technically superior that the beemer might be, it is seriously lacking in the charisma department. on shorter runs i found it to be a bit boring.

the V11 is different. it makes you feel like a hero even when you're doing 40 mph. its gloriously mechanical, brutal and different. it has interesting flaws, like flaking paint. it makes you think about what you are doing and driving it is verrrry involving indeed.  it goes like stink, as long as you rev it. and i actually think its much more comfy than my beemer on long runs, somehow. its kinder on the bum, its stable, and the clipons create a perfect position for long highspeed jaunts.

but its not really finished, so like a HD one should be prepared to tinker with it until it suits you. it is so simple that you actually CAN tinker with it. so if you want effortless hitech transport, you go for beemer, if you want to RIDE a bike you go italian.

65587[/snapback]

Yea....what he said...

I think the R1150R is just about IT.

BUT....I gladly give up a good bit of convieniance to have the Rock and Roll Soul

of my LeMans though. 2 or 300 mi on a Sunday or 4 or 500mi a day on a trip

is the norm for my tribe which includes 2 R1150Rs. I'm not standing on my pegs

anymore than them but I do end up poking around at some "charecter" issue

more. 6 or seven of us (mostly Beemers) have been riding togeather more than 35yrs. and they love to have the Guzzi in the mix. Hey! Somebodys got to bark back @ the HDs

The R1150R is absolutely the cats ass but it don't plaster that stupid grin on your face like a Guzzi will. The purr and thump become part of your physiology.. like your curled

up with a big cat or chasing down an antalope or playing with the other cubs.

Big Fat shure footed throbbing power.

I I I I I I Like it!