MG Resal Value

Guest philbo

I’m in the process of going through a somewhat messy domestic situation and I’ve been subpoenaed for a bunch of stuff which unfortunately includes placing a value on my 2004 LeMans. I own it outright and I need to put a value on it as an asset. I looked in Kelly’s Blue book and it shows a trade in value of around $5900 (US). The low number actually works out well for me but I find it surprising that I bought it new 18 months ago for $12K and change and during that period it’s dropped so much in (perceived) value.

Does anyone know of a web site that actually lists somewhat more accurate values? It just seems like a big drop – nearly 50% in 18 months.

Thanks

Phil

That's about right actually. With Guzzi blowing out remaining V11's at massive discounts there are some great deals on new bikes with warranty. Guzzi is a niche market at best. At the moment resale prices are at rock bottom (common speculation). Once the new bikes are gone we may see a rise in resale over time, as the bikes become more "collectable". You can find new '04 LeMans going for 8-9K new... so 6K used isn't far off the mark.

Unless you have a Tenni or a Scura in which case you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting more than a grand or two. Those poor bastards are busy trying to convince themselves of some "exclusive" membership in something or other in the hopes of creating some (read "any") kind of demand for their rat bikes.

cheers,

Rj

I think the next years it won't depreciate anymore. keeping a guzzi 20 years is the best thing. I'm in the 11th year. I paid a lot, and sold 1 or 2 years later would have cost me a lot. But if the circumstances have changed, then you might have a problem. On the other hand you only need one that buys your bike, no more, so ask more, polish it good, who knows.

If your situation is anything like my previous "messy domestic" was, the fact that Guzzi resale values imitate a lead balloon can only be to your advantage!

Lighten up goozer! :homer: They are all V11,s

To philbo, sorry about the mess. Stick with Kelly Blue Book as NADA will show a much higher value. This "bastard's" Scura was listed as approx. $9000 retail last Feb. which I know was way too high. Most V11's drop quickly to the $5000 range, give or take a few.

Stay strong. :thumbsup:

That's about right actually.  With Guzzi blowing out remaining V11's at massive discounts there are some great deals on new bikes with warranty.  Guzzi is a niche market at best.  At the moment resale prices are at rock bottom (common speculation).  Once the new bikes are gone we may see a rise in resale over time, as the bikes become more "collectable".  You can find new '04 LeMans going for 8-9K new... so 6K used isn't far off the mark.

Unless you have a Tenni or a Scura in which case you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting more than a grand or two.  Those poor bastards are busy trying to convince themselves of some "exclusive" membership in something or other in the hopes of creating some (read "any") kind of demand for their rat bikes.

cheers,

Rj

65450[/snapback]

Im not sure what you mean about the Tenni or the scura, do you mean they are worth less???

Im not  sure what you mean  about the Tenni or the scura, do you mean they are worth less???

65521[/snapback]

Nah,only the Red Frames worthless. :rolleyes:

Don't know what mine's worth...but it smashes more bugs than alot of the $20K HDs around here. :race: k

sorry to hear about the domestic thing -- been there too. on the value, if you want low, state low. put anything down. if you want realistic, look at cycletrader.com, as an example, and look around. find similar bikes and go accordingly. good luck.

Aw, did I say 'worth less' . . . I meant priceless. You can't have mine.

I see my Sport is in the $4500-5500 range. Five years ago I paid the full 12000 USD. But just about any sporting Guzzi in the past 20 years are in that range. Any older ones are worth more.

I was alarmed how quickly the Sport dropped but by 2020 it should be worth more than what I paid for it. :mg:

Lighten up goozer!   :homer:  They are all V11,s  

65518[/snapback]

A wink's as good as a nudge to a blind bat - so wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

;);)

Scura owners are soooo sensitive... ;);) I guess I'd be sensitive too if I had been suckered into an inferior machine... ;);)

It just isn't as much fun when I have to wink!!!

Rj

Unless you have a Tenni or a Scura in which case you have a snowball's chance in hell of getting more than a grand or two.  Those poor bastards are busy trying to convince themselves of some "exclusive" membership in something or other in the hopes of creating some (read "any") kind of demand for their rat bikes.

cheers,

Rj

65450[/snapback]

:huh:

....160 Tenni's produced=exclusive. Puriud. :bbblll: