Aletrnative to V 11 sport windscreen

bigbikerrick

After experiencing cracks at the mouting holes on the windshield on my carbon fiber fairing, buying a replacement very carefully made sure not to overtighten the bolts, then a couple of days later a crack appeared in one of the top mounting areas, I contacted Gustafsson windshields/plastics, and the only make a replacement screen for the v1 1 sport stucchi fairing, not the MG late model fairing. after a discussion with Leif Gustafson, the owner, he agreed to start making replacement windshields for our bikes if I sent him my shield( which I just did) they will be able to make us replacement shields in a multitude of colors and custom heights that should be better quality than what MG offers at $100. :thumbsup:

It should be pointed out however that while Gustufsson makes generally better windscreens than the stock ones, they are usually better because they are made of slightly thicker plexiglass. They, nor anyone else aftermarket makes windscreens made of uncrackable 'lexan' polycarbonate sheet. Only BMW, and the Japanese guys have lexan factory equipped to their bikes.

Lexan would most definitely eliminate any cracking from overtightened screws/bolts. Buy it in 1.5 mm or 2mm pieces and it will bend fairly easily. 3mm stuff gets a bit too stiff for our purposes.

Ciao, Steve G.

After experiencing cracks at the mouting holes on the windshield on my  carbon fiber fairing, buying a replacement very carefully made sure not to overtighten the bolts, then a couple of days later a crack appeared in one of the top mounting areas, I contacted Gustafsson  windshields/plastics, and the only make a replacement screen for the v1 1 sport stucchi fairing, not the MG  late model fairing. after a discussion with Leif Gustafson, the owner, he agreed to start making replacement windshields for our bikes if I sent him my shield( which I just did) they will be able to make us replacement shields in a multitude of colors and custom heights that should be better quality than what MG offers at $100.  :thumbsup:

66007[/snapback]

Bigbikerrick,

Does that include windshields for the LeMans too? I hope so. I'd like to try a shorter one.

Rocketman

Do you know if this windshield will also fit the Ballabio, Coppa Italia, and Cafe Sport?  I've never seen the carbon fiber accessory screen for the sport naked in person to be able to compare.

Randy

66379[/snapback]

Im not really sure, but its the same shield as on the scura and rosso mandello, maybe someone else that has compared them can chime in, I will get the part # off of it and post it soon.