Ghezzi Brian with Buell Rims + Brakes!?

Guest AdamofKC

Guest AdamofKC

These pics were taken from Moto Guzzi reporting(or something like that, see the Norge thread).

I found these pics of a Sport 1100, two different ones in fact, but they are something else!

Kinda small but goood enough to view the brakes up front, I hope.

Enjoy and Discuss if you will!

post-2030-1131205502_thumb.jpg

post-2030-1131205519_thumb.jpg

um you know it's a Ghezzi Brian right ?

in fact thats the Supertwin on the left and I believe the Pro Thunder 4valve model on the right.

http://www.ghezzi-brian.com

You can't buy them in the US anymore(I wish i could- missed the boat on one in Texas last year), there was a place out of Dallas selling them but that was a few years ago.

That is sad that they are not being distributed anymore.

I think Jedione picked up his Quat-D from Arnold Barnhart, who represented the US distributorship.

My two cents on perimeter rim disks is that they would make more sense on a right side up fork, because the extension that holds the caliber is going to flex too much.

A hot set-up for Tontis could be right side up forks, fork brace, radial mounted caliber, and perimeter disk.

But I have never seen a Perimeter disk with right side up forks...

On an upside down fork, radial mounted brakes seem to be the best design because of the rigid factors. I would expect more and more production bikes to come standard with radial mounted brake calibers as it is superior and it need not cost more.

Has anyone tried the G&B rims that are on the website for 1700 euro? They say they're 7.5 kilos lighter than stock. I was just wondering how much of a difference that makes. I'm thinking that with those rims, mistral cf exhaust, & pod filters I'm looking a 450lb or so bike? Add the FBF engine kit & you should be near 100 rwhp. That may just surprise a kid on an r6 or zx6 lol :race:

Jaap has the rims, but if you want then, don't wait, I heard they stopped makeing them, so what's left is what you can buy. The lighter frontwheel makes steering faster, most at speed. It's much easyer to change lines in a corner at speed.

The perimeter brakes, i don't get it. bringing a lot of mass to the outside of the wheel, makes the rotating force much bigger, so at speed the wheel won't steer easy.

Hi Supertwin,

You're not still selling them though right ? I'm about to finally get back to where I was at, when i was looking at the black one you had, if i cannae find a Supertwin, it's off to Mark Etheridge to build a hot tonti

Has anyone tried the G&B rims that are on the website for 1700 euro? They say they're 7.5 kilos lighter than stock. I was just wondering how much of a difference that makes. I'm thinking that with those rims, mistral cf exhaust, & pod filters I'm looking a 450lb or so bike? Add the FBF engine kit & you should be near 100 rwhp. That may just surprise a kid on an r6 or zx6 lol :race:

66136[/snapback]

A few months ago they told me the were totally out and wouldn't produce new ones... :huh2: Oh well...

Anyway, they make a world of difference. handling is so much easier! :race:

A few months ago they told me the were totally out and wouldn't produce new ones... :huh2: Oh well...

Anyway, they make a world of difference. handling is so much easier!  :race:

66214[/snapback]

Thanks Jaap :D I was just wondering if it was worth the $$$ Theres also pvm & marchesini but those are closer to 2500 euro. Damn shaft drive lol maybe I can find a used front one on ebay for less money.

Robbiek-none more have been imported as manufacturing has all but ceased. Not that G&B is out of business, but very low production. We now are re-cycling them into new "er" hands as they become available. As far as Tonti framed cafe' bikes go, Jim Knaup is the man. He's located in Prescott,AZ and can turn that T-1 thru T-3 into a real collectible. Look him up at Encore Performance & Fabrication.

Guest AdamofKC

Hey Supertwin,

Do you know if it is possible to retrofit a Guzzi 1100 sport to accept perimeter brakes or would the cost to benefit ratio not be worth it?

Because if it is worth it, I know a couple of guys who have an 1100 sport for such a mod ;)

AdamofKC-I know perimeter brake rotors are NOT adaptable to any rims other than Marchesini rims which were made for BRAKING rotors and calipers. You see BRAKING,MARCHESINI & PAIOLI all got in bed together for Ghezzi & Brians' Supertwin. You could purchase the calipers and rim/rotor from Motion Pro who represented Braking USA here in the states back in '02-'04 if you were a dealer for Parts Unlt'd, and adapt the calipers to your fork legs. List price on this "setup"

was $2500.00 Axle size is important as they only list the wheel package for Asian bikes and Ducati(I'd bet on this one). Parts' Unlt'd no longer carries the perimeter braking wheel but I believe Motion Pro may. I have had to order my brakepads for the perimeter brake from them in the past.