MG Ti

mdude

Well, after much fumbling, swearing and scratching of the head i finally got the Titanium kit on (I am a mechanically challenged man) and reasonably well aligned. but whatever I did the left pipe was 2 cms shorter than the right one. But at least it looks ok from the rear. Couldnt get myself to cut the outgoing pipe on the expansion box.

And then the test ride: my bike must have had the worst ECU of them all, the change was incredible! now it pulls hard from 1500 rpms, it makes it wheel spin when twisting it from 2500, its smooth, its predictable... Its now much faster than my previous R1150R, in any gear. I am sooo pleased, and the sound is good an' evil. Not to loud, but aggressive. It also starts better, and redlights are no more a fight to avoid stalling. (But the bike still wont idle when luke warm)

The kit is expensive, but its worth it for the ECU alone. Recommended!

-----

Next is suspension, the bike still is scary round some corners, sometimes it feels like the rear wheel has come loose or something (the tucking of the rear wheel-feel)... I will prepare myself for the task of reading the 120.000 posts on suspension upgrades later this week. I want it to be compliant and trustworthy, not nervous and racy.

I am glad to hear this from you. Pity you have to put the bike in the garage until spring.

I hope for you guys in Scandinavia you have a smooth winter there.

In Holland is now “hot”. We have broke all the records about temperature this October and November and last summer we broke another record, that was the rain.

Anyway, On eBay is now a x-cross for sale. Second hands, but héy, you can have it for less money than new. :bier:

I am glad to hear this from you. Pity you have to put the bike in the garage until spring.

I hope for you guys in Scandinavia you have a smooth winter there.

In Holland is now “hot”. We have broke all the records about temperature this October and November and last summer we broke another record, that was the rain.

Anyway, On eBay is now a x-cross for sale. Second hands, but héy, you can have it for less money than new. :bier:

66450[/snapback]

Actually I have a Mistral cross, which I took off now, because the guys in the know told me that with the original box, the bike delivers much more torque low down than with an open system. (tested on dyno in Germany by a tuner which name I forgot) and I think they were right. The acceleration from 2000 rpm is very impressive now. I rarely go full throttle, so this works for me.

There is still a couple of weeks with driving weather here, even though its damn cold (5-8 C). Loads of fallen leaves makes the roads verrrry slippery...