New Lemans

Guest callithrix

Guest callithrix

Hi folks I'm new to the list and new to Guzzis'. I recently purchased a stock used 2002 Lemans and have begun the process of acclimating to it's quirks. The usaual maladies have occured; won't start after a long run, cheap relays , very poor idle and quirky electrics. Ive perused your site extensively and it's been an incredible help.

The bike has 4500 miles appears to have been well cared and has no modification from stock other than all relays being switched to Bosch. I presently have a PClll and K&N air filter on order;planing to remove airbox cover, considering Stucchi X-over and pipes.

I've purchased the factory manual and Guzzilogy and down loaded every tech and service article I can. My questions are the following. I would like to adjust the idle, how? My clutch makes a racket when engaged and only when engaged, ( fear of commitment) but otherwise appears to operate normally. According to the guzziology this is normal becuase it's a dry clucth? Is that true? Thank you.

2002 Lemans

2001 883/1200 sportster cafe racer

Guest roger

The clutch noise is completely normal. Most all dry clutches do it including Ducatis.

Enjoy your Le mans and just ride the hell out of it.

Have fun, Roger.

The air bleeds are used to adjust idle speed. Attach a carb balancing tool to synch the throttle bodies. A Twin Max is may favorite. Open the air bleeds to lean the idle mixture and raise idle speed. Close them to richen it and lower it. Do them evenly and the balancing tool will let you know how even they are. You have to play with it a bit. Get the idle speed you need as well as keep the TB's balanced.

Guest Phil/TX

The Power comander is the ticket, My Le Mans runs great, and is bone stock except for the Power comander, only have a glitch at 2800 rpm in 5th and 6th gear...............that's way to low RPM to run in those gears. Enjoy your bike, it will only get better with milage. :mg:

Hi,

As a fellow newbie to Guzzi's and to this website, I can certainly empathize with your having to adjust to the distinct character of this bike. I bought my new '02 LeMans a couple of weeks ago, and prior to that my bike was a Honda 929. What a difference!!! But I went on my first long ride on it through the local canyons yesterday, and I really like this bike a lot, quirks and all, and I'm looking forward to a much longer relationship with it than I've had with my many previous bikes. I hope your experience is similar.

Mike