New Problem

Guest Foxbat

Guest Foxbat

I finally found a dealer who was willing and able to fix the problems with my bike. He has dealt with several rogue V11's and knew almost all of my faults from previous experience. Today I set off for his shop and I managed a whole 11 miles before the clutch failed.

The symptoms were: with the bike in gear, as the clutch was let out, the bike stalled, and wouldn't restart. I could still change gear, but the change was quite stiff.

With the bike finally in neutral, I tried pushing it to the the side of the road, but unless I pulled in the clutch at the same time it wouldn't move - as if it was still in gear.

Anyone else had anything similar? Any ideas on cause or cures?

Andy

on first name terms with too many rescue truck drivers

This sounds like you may have had something big come loose in the transmission or at the clutch. Probably that last pull of the clutch let something wiggle/break loose, and when you went to re-engage the clutch, it got jammed. That would explain the engine stalling, and the bike being hard to push while the clutch was engaged. Not a good thought, because as you describe it, that could have easily locked the rear wheel even with the clutch disengaged.

Well, while my bike was having the transmission leaks repaired at the dealer, the transmission got stuck in third gear. Once they got it out of third gear, it was stuck in a false neutral. After 3.5 months, the transmission was rebuilt and most gears replaced. The fault was 3rd. gear coming apart in three pieces and then wiping out the rest of the transmission. So I hope you only have a clutch issue.

Mike

Guest Foxbat

I had the sticking gear thing coming back from the last place that couldn't fix anything. After about 5 miles of 'making progress' I pulled off the motorway and was stuck in fourth. It freed off after a couple of miles, but they were a bit fraught ;)

Andy