DIY Tenni

guzziownr

Well, I guess I must creep out of the closet now: Yes, the Tenni is a fine looking bike (boy, that hurts!) In fact, it was my second choice - Scura was and still is numero uno.

In fact I have a cast iron model of both the Scura and the Tenni in my "Guzzi Hall of Fame" at work together with stickers from various rallies, a Moto Guzzi Club Denmark coffee mug and a poster with an 1100 sport, a 750 Sport and an Eldorado.

I'm not going soft on the Scura, Belfastguzzi - it's still a fabulous looking bike and my choice for life (´cause I can't afford the MGS  :D )

Ciao

Søren

66929[/snapback]

Hey Tikkanen !! welcome out of the :ninja: closet and into the :sun: light, :grin: who knows, there might be hope on the horizon, Tenni's and Scura's sharing gracefully :drink:

:bier:

Cheers

Van

picSALG01.jpg

66949[/snapback]

Very cool mug!! :thumbsup:

all that green and red :helmet: !!

how can l get one??

we'll have to come up with something like that for Canada l see!

Note to Scurista's: notice the colour of this very cool mug, ...no :ninja: black!! :grin:

Cheers

Van

Moto Guzzi Club Belfast (Scura Chapter)

guiness-glass-2t-set.gif

Parallel twin set, we haven't mastered the v-twin configuration yet

66987[/snapback]

:bier: thats 'cause you haven't had a couple yet !! :drink:

Cheers

Van

You Danishmen

vikunit4.jpg

67051[/snapback]

Ahh, ya know what this looks like to me?

a bunch of early:angry: and confussed Scuraista's :ninja: looking to see where the hell they parked their bikes, and not seeing the stealthy Tennisa's :helmet: sneaking up right behind them for the pass!!! :grin:

Cheers

Van

quote=Van,

Very cool mug!! :thumbsup:

> Scurateers take their coffee HOT – real/proper style. Not cooled down & watered down like... well, let's not mention it...

how can l get one??

> Go to Soren T's house (preferably when he's out)

we'll have to come up with something like that for Canada l see!

> Why would Canadians want a mug that says MG Club Denmark on it?

Note to Scurista's: notice the colour of this very cool mug, ...no black!!

> Yeah but check out the colour of the real/proper thing: the espresso machine:

espressosmall.jpg

Hey Tikkanen !! welcome out of the :ninja: closet and into the :sun: light,  :grin: who knows, there might be hope on the horizon, Tenni's and Scura's sharing gracefully  :drink:

Cheers

Van

67067[/snapback]

I hereby claim that I was temporarilly insane when I quoted that (too much absinth and Guiness....) :bier::drink:

:ninja:

I hereby claim that I was temporarilly insane when I quoted that (too much absinth and Guiness....)  :bier:  :drink:

67103[/snapback]

Ok, you posted that just in time as I was about to refund your club membership.

Just so that you colonials know, I flew the M.D. of Guiness North America to Chicago a few years ago, and he said that every draught pint of the black stuff sold in North America now comes directly from Arthurs Gate, Dublin, so it shouldn't actually taste different. Having said that, I never drink it outside Ireland-I think there are too many other variables, like how clean the pipes are, how it's poured,etc.

God, what a boring post.

Just so that you colonials know, I flew the M.D. of Guiness North America to Chicago a few years ago, and he said that every draught pint of the black stuff sold in North America now comes directly from Arthurs Gate, Dublin, so it shouldn't actually taste different. Having said that, I never drink it outside Ireland-I think there are too many other variables, like how clean the pipes are, how it's poured,etc.

God, what a boring post.

67130[/snapback]

a Dublin taxi driver told me that guinness in the uk was like maidens water while in ireland it was like mothers milk. I had to agree it definetly tastes better in Ireland.

every draught pint of the black stuff sold in North America now comes directly from Arthurs Gate, Dublin

67130[/snapback]

It takes a long time to get served here – but that must be ridiculous!

God, what a boring post.

67130[/snapback]

ferguzzi,

Not boring, just frustrating. Guinness on tap? Very rare in my area. We are making some good beer in the US these days but finding anything but the mass marketed rice beer crap :vomit: is tough in the boonies. Finding something like Anchor Steam is a big deal, finding Guinness is about as common as winning the lottery.

All is not lost, I had a couple of (bottled) Anchor Steams with a very good steak last night, you just have to go to the "big" town a little east of my home.

Cheers, :bier:

Lex

Yeah, I can understand the frustration, I'm not a big fan of the US beers myself. My personal favourites are the really strong ie 9 or 10% belgian beers, but they're not available on draft here, although the bottled stuff is nearly as nice.

Oddly enough, I was in Pasadena a few weeks ago drinking a belgian concoction called Goldn Draak, on draught, which was well yummy. But a little strong. as if that's a bad thing.

Apparently the biggest Guinness brewery in the world is in Nigeria(?), and I've had it in Lagos, and it's not at all bad, but really strong too, I think about 7%.

I'm getting thirsty now...