quick release fuel fittings

Guest trispeed

Guest trispeed

Hi,

I have a 2004 V11Sport. Any suggestions on disconnecting a reluctant fuel line fitting?

I understand how they're supposed to come apart but don't want to overdo the exertion of pressure in case there's an easier method.

Thanks!

The theory is push the lines together to take up the tension and then pull the two halves of the fitting apart. I couldn't do this. I used an open ended spanner (10mm I think) slipped between the two halves and used to provide a gentle lever causing them to pop apart. there is also two electrical conector blocks and a breather hose ( up towards the filler) that have to be disconected at various stages in lifting the tank.

:!: On reasembly make sure they've snapped together tight :!:

Last time I removed my tank I fussed with the "push this and pull that method" and it didn't seem to work. Finally, all I did was pull on the grey collar straight away and it came right off. Once the grey collar releases just keep pulling and the hose comes off. You don't have to pull hard. It's easier that it looks. And those tricksy Italians thought they could out-fox us Americans.

Rocketman

Or you can do what I did and have a buddy hold the tank off to the side and then do what you need to. Make sure the tank is almost empty and he has enough stamina if its gonna be a long job :lol:

"you want the job done fast, or you want it done right? :homer: