Footpeg replacement

Dr Gil

I'm still trying to get my '02 Le Mans back on the road after my August "get off." :stupid:

I'm having the devil of a time coming up with a few last parts and have put in requests at various bike breakers and here on the "wanted" classified section.

One of the parts that seems ridiculously hard to find is a replacement for my front foot peg. I have heard that many Le Mans owners have swapped their pegs for other, rubber-coated brands. Since I didn't actually love the stock pegs I'm considering switching to something else but have no idea what suits or fits the bike.

Can someone enlighten me...brands, styles, pictures or URL's would be wonderful. ALL info is greatly appreciated!

Gil

Rich Maund posted something about how to attach Kawasaki pegs, ones that have rubber. Maybe it's in the How To forum? Or FAQ? A search should bring up foot peg info. Most recent discussion pointed to Oberon being a good choice.

Doc,

Did you try a dealer? I think they run about 48US each, and are a high consumption item, so they shouod be out there.

A couple threads here may help;

Rich Maund Rubber Peg conversion;

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=228&hl=

Buell foot peg conversion thread;

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?...topic=3391&st=0

good luck,

P.S. Thanks for the fairing return. made it in fine shape :thumbsup:

I saw the list of what you need. For the trun signal just go to a harly dealer and order a set. The Buells have the exact same setup, pluse you get the clearn lenses instead of the yellow ones. I'm pritty sure that you could get the at napa or someother car store (unless its some kinda special piece :huh2: ) As for the foot pegs, can't help you on that one. Sorry

Z

PS: the turn signels should cost you more the $70 ( if I remember right). Had to replace the on my budys buell when we where teaching his wife how to drive. Fortunitly she was okay.

Oberon Engineering in the UK list replacement pegs in a number of styles/colours for the V11. Mine has their nice gold anodised reservoir caps to match the Brembo Serie Oro levers.

I was actually considering replacing the pillion pegs with Oberon's smaller ones now that I have fitted the Ti cans, just to clean up the look.

www.oem-uk.com