good price for left over "new" ballabio V11 ?

Guest jojo

Hi everyone, new to the forum and about to pull the trigger on a new left over V11 Ballabio. 10,000$ out the door...its a 2004 model. Couple of questions: 1. good deal? 2. I'm tall; is there a peg kit to adapt to my 34in inseam? 3. reliability of this machine...any down side? 4. dealer won't let me test ride it..whats up? I'm crazy for this bike and have to have it!! Help! Any advice appreciated.

Hi everyone, new to the forum and about to pull the trigger on a new left over V11 Ballabio. 10,000$ out the door...its a 2004 model. Couple of questions: 1. good deal? 2. I'm tall; is there a peg kit to adapt to my 34in inseam? 3. reliability of this machine...any down side? 4. dealer won't let me test ride it..whats up? I'm crazy for this bike and have to have it!!  Help!  Any advice appreciated.

67788[/snapback]

:2c:

Buy the poor thing! it needs a good home :thumbsup:

l've been trying to get my brother to buy that bike for the last month but bad karma has worked against him so far, .....his loss, your gain??

reliability?? l've only had mine a year, a '02 Tenni and so far nothing but ridding bliss.

:bier:

Cheers

Van

Hi everyone, new to the forum and about to pull the trigger on a new left over V11 Ballabio. 10,000$ out the door...its a 2004 model. Couple of questions: 1. good deal? 2. I'm tall; is there a peg kit to adapt to my 34in inseam? 3. reliability of this machine...any down side? 4. dealer won't let me test ride it..whats up? I'm crazy for this bike and have to have it!!   Help!  Any advice appreciated.

67788[/snapback]

As you might guess, forum folks see lots of these kinds of questions, and are tempted to say, FGS, read the archives! :P

Now, that said, we all also understand lust, and call it what you will, that's what "I'm crazy for this bike and have to have it!!" is, and we have all had it ... and, thankfully, most of us still do. :D

OK, on the merits, here are some quick points in response from my perspective:

1. good deal? Depends. I'm a lawyer and always say that in answer to every question, but, guess what, it does depend. It always depends. In this case, a more helpful response might be that, yes, you can probably find a lower price for a similar motorcycle. Moto-International in Seattle has some specials just now that make my eyes bug out. But, you aren't in Seattle, and you likely want to stay friends with this dealer (even if he won't let you take a test ride). Besides, lust rarely waits. And, of the greatest import to me is that one can usually always find a better deal. But ... in the meantime, another day, week, or month or more slips by, and you've missed those days mounted (an interesting word when coupled with lust) on a machine that makes your heart sing. What's that worth? At my age, 58, it's incalculable. Mebbe you are young enough you don't care ;) My advice on this question? Buy it if you want it and can. FWIW, I paid $11.5 before upgraded cans and tax, etc., for an 04 Ballabio in Aug 03.

2. I'm tall; is there a peg kit to adapt to my 34in inseam? No help; no clue. Mods like that can be expensive and unsat. Good luck. Remember, it's lust and I know lots of tall grooms with short brides. Gotta decide how much you love her.

3. reliability of this machine...any down side? Whoa, you said "a couple" of questions. Again, you gotta read the archives to get a good feel. I've had 2 problems in 18K: broken speedo cable at 880 miles, and broken pawl spring at 6K. First, no big deal; second was, but really only because I was 500+ miles from home or dealer. Thanks to folks on this board, same problem again would not be a trip-buster.

4. dealer won't let me test ride it..whats up? One of those, "some will, some won't." Don't blame dealer necessarily as this is a practice fraught with insurance costs and potential financial peril. At same time, I know it's frustrating not to ride what you'd like to buy. Try to have dealer give you names of local Guzzisti. If he doesn't know any or won't tell, hmmmmmm. Food for thought. Consider, too, posting on wildguzzi or SW Guzzi MGCL topica board as you might get some bites from folks in your area who can help you with dealer advice or even let you take a ride. Heck, fly to Atlanta and I'll let you take mine for a spin (bring DL w/ MC end., helmet, gear, refs, etc. :D ).

5. Oh, you only had 4. Good luck. I recommend you go slower than your testosterone is begging you to go. Look thru this board's archives, lurk awhile, and, best, try to find a local Guzzista to help you in this.

Bill

404.808.8486 (M) if you have questions about Ballabio specifically that I or others don't answer here.

...V11 Ballabio. 10,000$ out the door...

You can get the same bike at otdcyclesports.com (in LA) for $9,300 out the door, and they pretty much own the market on cheap new bikes. So, unless you feel strongly about saving $400-500 (figuring costs to come get it), then stick with your local guy. That's my :2c:

I just got my Ballabio with less than 5K miles, Corbin, custom-tuned PC3, Mistral Ti cans, tank bag, etc. for less than $7K, so remember, they're out there, you just might have to be patient to save some dough.

w