WBO2 sensors and related dataloggers

dlaing

I've just ordered the 2A0 kit from www.wbo2.com. It will be interesting to compare closed loop operation with a real wideband sensor versus the 1st generation bosch wideband sensor I've had for the last couple of years.

The cost of the kit + sensor (AU$300) is actually cheaper than the bosh (AU$400).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just ordered the 2A0 kit from www.wbo2.com. It will be interesting to compare closed loop operation with a real wideband sensor versus the 1st generation bosch wideband sensor I've had for the last couple of years.

Would like to hears anyones opinion on this one

Innovate Wideband LM-1 Air / Fuel Meter

and what's the difference of this sensor that uses(stated asA Bosch 5-wire-WOS) with the Bosch LSU4/LSU4.2 sensor? Or is it the same? :huh2:

Would like to hears anyones opinion on this one

Innovate Wideband LM-1 Air / Fuel Meter

and what's the difference of this sensor that uses(stated asA Bosch 5-wire-WOS)  with the  Bosch LSU4/LSU4.2 sensor? Or is it the same? :huh2:

74946[/snapback]

It is a brand that many people swear by.

It has a great logging rate of 12 samples per second.

The units are very big compared to the competition, which may be hard to fit on your bike.

The price gets a little expensive once you add the RPM sensor, which I would recommend, otherwise it would very difficult to get value out of the logs.

I think the 2A1 from

http://wbo2.com/ offers a better value.

http://wbo2.com/lsu/sensors.htm#lsu shows a lot of info about sensors. I suspect the LSU4.2 is the prefered. Avoid the LSU4.9 as it is designed for lean conditions. If you are running leaded fuel I believe you will want to look for a more resistant sensor. I can't find a link but I read something about a more durable sensor for race fuels.

I am not sure what the WOS is???? probably just mean Wideband Oxygen Sensor, and could be anything WOS by Bosch.

I am still leaning toward the zeitronix(but it requires Palm or laptop for road test logging) and the PLX R-300 but am looking for deals on the Techedge 2A1 and the Wego II or anything else with good logging options.

with the lc1 you can use this to connect to a pda device for logging. http://72.138.187.243/bradatech_corp/bluet...erial_LCXD1.asp

So you can have the pda in your pocket and have it logging. They have software for that too.

A simple analog meter connected to have an average display on your dash completes it. Or the xd1 as a luxery display.

with the lc1 you can use this to connect to a pda device for logging. http://72.138.187.243/bradatech_corp/bluet...erial_LCXD1.asp

So you can have the pda in your pocket and have it logging. They have software  for that too.

A simple analog meter connected to have an average display on your dash completes it. Or the xd1 as a luxery display.

75461[/snapback]

Thanks,

That would be a very inexpensive solution with hours of logging.

The only limitation that I would miss would be the lack of RPM and TPS logging.

OK, I finally did it.

Although the Innovation was last on my list, I found one with the RPM kit second hand on eBay for a good price.

Now I just need to find where on the exhaust is the ideal temperature (hot but below 900F) get the bung plugs milled to fit the pipes, get them welded on.

• 6 months later...

I assume the ZFAS-S2 is not readily available to consumers now that I've read your post.

Here's what I had planned to ask:

--------

What's the story on the plugged 10mm holes on the V11S exhaust pipes? Does Guzzi use some special tiny O2 sensors for tuning at the factory? The O2 sensors I find available seem to use the 18mm thread, but The ZFAS-S2 uses 12mm. See it here:

http://www.ngkntk.co.jp/english/products/e...nsors/p_03.html

Could the Guzzi 10mm holes be opened up and threaded for 12mm?

-------

So I guess this is a mute question.

Troy

I assume the ZFAS-S2 is not readily available to consumers now that I've read your post.

Here's what I had planned to ask:

--------

What's the story on the plugged 10mm holes on the V11S exhaust pipes? Does Guzzi use some special tiny O2 sensors for tuning at the factory? The O2 sensors I find available seem to use the 18mm thread, but The ZFAS-S2 uses 12mm. See it here:

http://www.ngkntk.co.jp/english/products/e...nsors/p_03.html

Could the Guzzi 10mm holes be opened up and threaded for 12mm?

-------

So I guess this is a mute question.

Troy

I did not know about the ZFAS-S2.

I think it is narrow band, not wide band, but I am not sure.

The Guzzi 10mm holes are allegedly for Exhaust Gas analysis machines.(maybe just a CO meter)

It would be cool if Guzzi actually did a multi-gas custom dyno mapping for every bike coming off the assembly line....

Innovate sells a very nice mounting spud and bung kit. I bought an M18 tap and make my own tubes of varying materials and thicknesses, but the bung that comes with the LM1 is a very nice piece and the ones I end up using (lightened M18 oil drain plugs, mostly) suffer by comparison. If I could find a bunch of old used spark plugs of this size, I might try to knock the ceramic out and use those as a basis for a bung.

Innovate sells a very nice mounting spud and bung kit. I bought an M18 tap and make my own tubes of varying materials and thicknesses, but the bung that comes with the LM1 is a very nice piece and the ones I end up using (lightened M18 oil drain plugs, mostly) suffer by comparison. If I could find a bunch of old used spark plugs of this size, I might try to knock the ceramic out and use those as a basis for a bung.

You can get these steel bungs from innovate or innovate dealers, they are sold as seperrate accesories for $9.

I got a bunch of them , just in case.

The extra ones are a bit shorter 2-3mm than the one in the kit

Now I just need to find where on the exhaust is the ideal temperature (hot but below 900F) get the bung plugs milled to fit the pipes, get them welded on.

Don't be a dips**t like me and weld the bung on with the plug screwed in. You'll never be able to unscrew it. :homer: